Visa granted - what happens now?

zoe1922

Hi,

I think I'm being a bit thick here, but after two and a half years of trying we finally received notification of our visas being granted on 22 August via email, should I expect something through the post that looks like a visa too, as we haven't received anything yet?

I've also read something about a visa label (but I didn't read it in too much detail as you can tell), do I need to send our passports off to get the label on them? Both mine and our two childrens passports expire at the beginning of next year so I also need to get them renewed, but what about the label?

Sorry to sound a bit stupid (you wouldn't believe I completed the TRA assessment and visa application myself would you!!)

Any help would be gratefully received!:jiggy:

Congrats !!!!!

You need a change of passport/name etc form - 929. And a scan of your new passport. Then send to

London.cc**************

No visa stamp as such needed they will know when they put your passport details in at the airport. But some people like to have a stamp so send them off to Australia house. I think its to do with registering for medicare or the like. Somehow a stamp in the passport makes things easier. So perhaps best to just do that once all has been cleared with your new passports on the system.

We need to change a passport too and this is what I was told to do by a lady at Australia house. So we will do this very soon. I suppose you could just perhaps send the lot,old passports,new ones and the 929 form all to oz house? But we shall just scan and email the form and new passport first then send for stamp.

Guest berkworths

Hi there dont panic, i did the same thing, when we got our visa notification by email it also said about getting a visa stamp at austrailia house, i contacted them and went through all my stuff confirmed passports and checked them all, i was told that uk british residents do not need a stamp in the passport this is all linked to your passports the man checked all of ours over the phone and confirmed visa no's etc, so dont worrry all is fine, good luck with your move where are you going?> we are going to perth next yr, scary ole stuff ah? good luck kellie:daydreaming:

fab - thanks very much for the info! we're going to sydney, can't wait! never been to perth, but i'm sure we'll made it there for a holiday over the next couple of yrs.

i'm beginning to think we should be doing something more in the way of preparation as others on here seem to be busy organising things.

all we've done is hand in notice to our respective employers and order 5 boxes to ship a few books etc over in. i've got a short list of direct debits and professional memberships to cancel, but that's about it! sell car was also on the list, but as it's just been scapped this is one less thing to do!

i think i'll just do my usual and under-worry rather than over-worry :o)

Guest berkworths

well, all sounds good, not a bad idea to under worry, im a stress head just sitting here now looking at schools ect for kids and thinking that im laid back as not dont too much research into the move yet, lucky have family there so hoping they will do some of it for us. Not long now then, hope all goes well for you good luck and enjoy your adventure!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies I feel a bit better now:v_SPIN:

We're flying over to Perth in February to validate the visas. Can't wait - not sure who's the best airline to use yet so looking into it now. I don't really like flying so it should be fun :eek:

Congratulations xxxx

Our 457 was done electronically and when we arrived at the airport we were so nervous as we had nothing but the email from them with all the numbers on it, application approval.

We got our visa put in our passports in the city at Australia house, when we arrived and went to activate the Aussie bank account.

Archived