Newbie heading for Oz soon in the future, hopefully.

Guest Pooliechris

Guest Pooliechris

Good Afternoon,

Just to introduce ourselves. We are a family of five looking to move to Oz in the future. Three boys and wife who are all sport mad, all sick of the Uk and looking forward to a chance of a new life. Just trying to get my head round the process of apply for a visa. I am pushing on the years at 42 year old staff nurse (qualified since being 21) and so leaving it a bit late and can just to say make 65 points on a state sponsorship 176 visa before I am 45, thats getting all 8`s on the ILETS test and hoping to get sponsorship from Queensland, although the proof of funds may be a problem when applying as we do need to sell our house to raise funds to take over.

Anyway my first step, applying for this IELTS test and then applying for my skills assessment from the ANMAC which I hope goes smoothly as my old college has well and truly shut down years ago, so may have a problem getting transcripts etc. I intend to sit the IELTS test until I achieve the required grades so fingers crossed.

It seems a long daunting process but I am determined to get through any obstacles, as due to my old age :wacko:, its our last chance.

Hi Newbie,

We moved out to Oz 6 weeks ago, I turned 45 in July and also a staff nurse!

The whole process was really quick, I took my IELTS in March 2010, fortunately got the grades, I would recommend practise papers which can be bought on line, I did several, but it isn't easy and you need 8's in all areas, one nurse got a 7 and three 8's and had to resit the paper (and pay again) ANMC are pretty good, I didn't get sponsorship, my family and I came out on my occupation, unfortunately I'm still waiting to get registered with APHRA and can't work until I am. It has taken almost 3 months already and I frequently call them for updates! Good luck with the process. Debbie

Guest dadefamily
Hi Newbie,

We moved out to Oz 6 weeks ago, I turned 45 in July and also a staff nurse!

The whole process was really quick, I took my IELTS in March 2010, fortunately got the grades, I would recommend practise papers which can be bought on line, I did several, but it isn't easy and you need 8's in all areas, one nurse got a 7 and three 8's and had to resit the paper (and pay again) ANMC are pretty good, I didn't get sponsorship, my family and I came out on my occupation, unfortunately I'm still waiting to get registered with APHRA and can't work until I am. It has taken almost 3 months already and I frequently call them for updates! Good luck with the process. Debbie

Hi bugcar or anyone, please help we hace started for some time applying forsate sponsership to act, when we started we had all thefunds in the bank but now some tme late we dont, do we need tosend proof again, do i need to send themoney to oz or do we just have to send it onceandnot have to worry about proofs any more please help:wacko:

Good Afternoon,

Just to introduce ourselves. We are a family of five looking to move to Oz in the future. Three boys and wife who are all sport mad, all sick of the Uk and looking forward to a chance of a new life. Just trying to get my head round the process of apply for a visa. I am pushing on the years at 42 year old staff nurse (qualified since being 21) and so leaving it a bit late and can just to say make 65 points on a state sponsorship 176 visa before I am 45, thats getting all 8`s on the ILETS test and hoping to get sponsorship from Queensland, although the proof of funds may be a problem when applying as we do need to sell our house to raise funds to take over.

Anyway my first step, applying for this IELTS test and then applying for my skills assessment from the ANMAC which I hope goes smoothly as my old college has well and truly shut down years ago, so may have a problem getting transcripts etc. I intend to sit the IELTS test until I achieve the required grades so fingers crossed.

It seems a long daunting process but I am determined to get through any obstacles, as due to my old age :wacko:, its our last chance.

Hi Pooliechris,

looks like we are in the same position as you - right at the start!!

we are a 22 and 23 year old couple hoping to move to Oz in the future, although it appears it is going to be a long process from looking at posts on here..!

i am a registered nurse, but with only one years experience which won't go in my favour - therefore having to apply for a 175 visa rather than 176 (as Brisbane will not sponsor unless you have 5 years experience).

however, by going for the 175, it means i have to get 8 on all 4 parts of the IELTS like yourself!!

good luck - sounds like you'll be just fine! im sure we will both make it to Oz in the future!!