Hairdressing training

smoggie

Hi. Im due to arrive in Perth in about a month with my family.My husband has work there on a secondment basis with a view to becoming permanent if all works out. I am an experienced college lecturer in hairdressing and would be grateful for any information on how hairdressing training goes on in Perth. I have been directed to TAFE colleges but there was a vagueness regarding what quals etc were needed and which sites did hairdressing. Any info would be great:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Smoggie, have you contacted the hairdressing registration board , even though the WA hair registration and exams were abolished last year i think they are still there for help and info ..

also look at contacting Tafe in Fremantle or taylor weir school of hairdressing .. im sure one of them will set you right :) all the best .

Guest CareerCoach

You'll also need a TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification which you can even start online before you arrive (or after since it's likely to be a very hectic time for you over the next 4wks!). This qualification is mandatory if you will be teaching accredited training and even non-accredited training providers usually request it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, good luck to you by the way hope all goes well :) I am a hairdresser too, coming over in three weeks with my boyfriend on a working holiday visa. Wanting to know if anyone could give me any info on hairdressing jobs and wether I would even be likely to get work in Hairdressing on this visa? I am happy to do anything really but I dont want to give up my passion! :D thanks.

Hi chick , there are always Hairdressing jobs .. as soon as you get here buy the West Australian newspaper on the Wednesday or Saturday ( jobs day ) and head straight to the jobs page , i really can't say as to wether you can work on that visa ... might be worth popping a thread on the main forum and seeing what other advice you get, or phone a migration agent before you leave and ask their advice .. all the best !

Hi! Aw thanks thats a bit of reassuance then :) I hope it works out. As they arent on the skilled occupation list anymore im not holding out too many hopes of any kind of sponsorship! Shame :( Thanks for your advice

Archived