To sell or to rent

tony74

We decided to rent out our property in the UK not because it would give us something to fall back on' but for two other reasons;

Trying to sell a house under normal circumstances is stressful enough add that to the fact that you need to de toot whilst trying to keep the place tidy for viewings is probably impossible (well for us it was)

Financially it was a viable option but I do apprciate this is not the case for some people.

We were very lucky and had a lot of interest and let our house out within two weeks of it going on the market. Our plan is to rent it out for up to two years by which time we hope the UK market has picked up.

Good luck with you plans, whichever way they go.

It does depend on whether you really need the capital to make your plans work.

I have been trying to sell, but am now considering the rental option, since the market is so flat here. It will mean that I am now thinking about not shipping any furniture, just kitchen gear and personal items. Unfurnished letting is easier when you are on the other side of the world, the letting agents will handle it all at a price.

My stress levels got ridiculously high until I realised that there was nothing more that I could do and worrying about it wasn't helping at all.

Good luck, keep positive.

Penny