Agents Recommends

Cell

My wife and I have been pursuing a 457 visa for the last few months, but have come to a dead end due to my wife's lines of work, Probation Service, can't be sponsored by any state department, although she has the promise of a job if she can get to Victoria.

OK so the quicker route isn't going to happen.

Luckily we have the second option of applying for family sponsorship via my sister. We've decided to use an agent to take some of the stress and strain and make sure things are filled out correctly etc. I have spoken to two so far and to be honest not been overly impressed.

The first was quite curt and would give much detail in the way of costing and eventually we got cut off. Tried calling back he said he couldn't talk to me any further unless I wanted to sign up with them. Pass. The next seems more professional, I understand all the visa option after researching them over the last few months, he realised I knew more than the basic and we had a good chat and he agreed that family sponsorship is the next option. He did say I would now need to pay a fee of a couple of hundred pounds for a detailed assessment, upon after we could actually talk to an agent, he then mention he was only a sales person. oh man.

And before anyone mentions it they were both fully MARA members.

My question is, is this normal for agents ? Does anyone recommend an agent ? I perfectly understand they don't want to pass off information for free, but surely if we are going to be spending several thousand pounds they would make sure they sell themselves to a potential customer in the first place.

hi, glad you found an agent, whilst mine was efficient i dont think they would have won a people skills /customer services competition.I t would appear that it is a common traite amongst agents. Good luck with your application

Archived