VISA Granted. Moving on to the more interesting items....

Guest Rosejoe74

Guest Rosejoe74

I have been granted the 176 Visa ( Family Sponsored) on 12-Jul.

I have not posted much but have been an avid reader these last couple of years. So wanted to summarise my experience before I move on. First thanks to PIO for having been a mine of info and for all you wonderfull ppl who post on this forum. THere have been times when the info here is more reliable and accurate than my agents. Kudos to you all.

My timeline - Applied for 176 in Nov-2009. CO assigned Mar 2011 (I think though I did not get a formal notification). Meds submitted Feb 28 2011, PCC submitted in stages, last one in May 2011. My kids Meds got lost and I had to redo them again in Jul 2011. VIsa finally granted Aug 2011.

It has been a harrowing time these last 2 years, what with all the documentation, a so so agent. The waiting was starting to tell on my professional and personal life (sorry to say). But finally I forced myself to ignore the visa application and distract myself with the more mundane task of living my life (easier said than done). And then finally there it was one fine day. The loop is now closed.

The first landing date is fixed before Mar-21 2012. This was fixed based on the first of the PCCs that I submitted. So now I have to wind up stuff in India and plan ahead for our new life. Have applied for affixing the label today. I had question here though - agent says that the first landing should in the following order - Primary Applicant lands first and Sec app could follow. Or all the applicants can travel together but the Secondary appl should not land without the PA having landed first (Is this correct?)

I have now started to apply for jobs from India. No bites yet. Is this possible (I mean can I find a job before I land? How easy or difficult is it?). I have been suggested that I land first (I am the PA) and find a job as it is easier that way. Any thoughts?

My line of business is Proj Mgmt in IT.

Would be happy to hear your views.

Sincere prayers to all out there who are waiting. Please hang in there....Good luck.

Guest tarchik

Congratulations on the visa. I'll say that unless there is a condition attached to your visa, you can enter Oz in any order and the secondary applicant can enter even when the primary applicant is not there.