May stay in Darwin?

junellew

So we have arrived in Darwin a few days ago on our trip around Oz. We have friends here in Palmerston and I think we have decided we may like to stay! So I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions about stuff in Darwin for me please?!

1st ly where do you go to get good local veges? and does anyone recommend a good butcher? We are always trying to cut costs and also prefer fresh local produce than the big supermarkets.

What's it like to live here? Pretty general question I know but may get some answers! We are a young family with 2 young boys so want to know experiences people have had. I have looked around a bit and got some info on stuff to do with the kids but always keen for more advice. Does anyone know how easy it is to make friends (for us adults too!) what are the playgroups like? etc etc

Well, I hope someone has a few answers for me because so far I think I'm going to like it:jiggy: PS, I have been well informed about the wet season and what to expect but any info on how that affects you too would be good , thanks!

Limited fresh produce can be found ;

Palmerston Market-Friday nights

Parap Market-Saturday morning

Nightcliff Market-Sunday morning.

It is limited because it is seasonal

Leonards Butchers in the Woolies centre in Palmerston is good.

During the wet season Oct-May The sunset markets,Palmerston and Mindil are closed.Most of the roads into Litchfield will also be closed.You will have to check online what roads will be open into Kakadu.

During the wet season you still get blue skies and it tends to rain about the same time every afternoon approx 2.30 !!!!!

Its the humidity that will get you.It leaves you feeling tired and kranky.

From what I have heard from friends most of the kindy's have waiting lists.Its a case of grabbing the yellow pages and phoning around !!!!!

Palmerston library run a kids entertainment program.

If there is anything else you need just give me a shout.

Archived