moving to brisbane in jan, looking to meet other poms

Guest SteveandVic

Guest SteveandVic

hi we are from Hornchurch (Essex) and moving to Brisbane, the gap, in january! :biggrin:

are there any other young familys (pommys) in Brisbane looking to meet other poms?

my husbands 34 im 24 and by the time we get out there we will have an 8 weeks old son :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joannemhoughton
hi we are from Hornchurch (Essex) and moving to Brisbane, the gap, in january! :biggrin:

are there any other young familys (pommys) in Brisbane looking to meet other poms?

my husbands 34 im 24 and by the time we get out there we will have an 8 weeks old son :biggrin:

We are from Hornchurch, we are living in Wakerley near Manly and have been here fog 1 year, we love it. It has been hard missing friends and family but as time moves on it does get easier. We have 10yr old and 3 yr girls. Jo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Meikle Family

We're moving out to Brisbane in January too! I cant wait! Have you had any advice on which suburbs are nice to live in?

Both me and my husband are 32 and have a 2yr old little girl and another baby who is due next week!

We are really excited about the move but I am a bit worried about making friends especially as I wont be working to start with. I'm sure it will be fine once we're there (and the sun's shining) though!

Guest SteveandVic

hi yea i feel the same, worried about making friends as i wont be working either

luckly for us my husbands family moved out there 10yrs ago so we will be staying with them in a suburb called The Gap which is meant to be nice, we have been trying to look at which suburbs are nice through the internet but i suppose we wont really know till we get out there! would be nice to get some where 20mins from the beach!! :) so excited!

Hi,

We have just moved over to Brisbane from the uk.

I am 26 and myhusband is 34. we have a four year old son.

I am an Australian but lived in the Uk for seven years so may as well be brittish my husband is a pom and my son is half and half. Love being here but missing my brittish friends and feeling a bit lost at the moment.

Guest chrissharpe11
Hi,

We have just moved over to Brisbane from the uk.

I am 26 and myhusband is 34. we have a four year old son.

I am an Australian but lived in the Uk for seven years so may as well be brittish my husband is a pom and my son is half and half. Love being here but missing my brittish friends and feeling a bit lost at the moment.

Hi Nat,

I know how you feel, I'm from England but have been living in Brisbane for nearly 6yrs. I'm moving back in June next year and can't wait. Since I first got here I've missed my friends and the English social life.

I've got some great friends in Australia, some of the best, but it's a bit differant. Well.... For me anyway.

And talking about how you feel being lost, I've been the same since I got here. Do I want to be here or do I want to be there?!?!? How is your husband dealing with being here?

Regards,

Chris

Guest chrissharpe11

Hi,

I'm 25 from Billericay, I've been living here since 2006 but moving back next year. I know a lot of Brits meet up at The Pig & Whistle (Queens St Mall) and if you've ever been to Britain On The Bayside they have a notice board up, sometimes they have things up about clubs etc.

Regards,

Chris

Guest chrissharpe11

Hi,

I'm 25 from Billericay, I've been living here since 2006 but moving back next year. I know a lot of Brits meet up at The Pig & Whistle (Queens St Mall) and if you've ever been to Britain On The Bayside they have a notice board up, sometimes they have things up about clubs etc.

Regards,

Chris

We are from Hornchurch, we are living in Wakerley near Manly and have been here fog 1 year, we love it. It has been hard missing friends and family but as time moves on it does get easier. We have 10yr old and 3 yr girls. Jo

Jo - wonder if you can help? as getting so many conflicting reviews on the various search engines....:wacko:

we are looking to move from the Gold Coast to Brisbane area in the next 6 months and have been looking at Manly, Lota, Wakerley etc as we want to be near the coast. We will be both commuting into the CBD but hope to have a family in the next few years so although no kids at the moment we want to move to an area that will be near city for OH and right for a family. How long is the commute by car / train in peak traffic? Is there a community feel to the area and are the beach / park areas nice?

Any advice would be great coming from someone that lives there.

Shelly