176 Obligation!! Dilemma!!

Guest scorpio123

Guest scorpio123

Hi all

I have been granted SC176 (SA Sponsored) at May,2011. Since then i am trying to search job at Adelaide from oversea. No luck not that much opening at my profession. Most of the opening at Sydney or Melbourne. After 2 months, i decided to drop my cv for other state and has managed to give two phone interview with two employer at (Melbourne,Perth). And got a real good offer from Melbourne Employer.

Now i am planning to move Melbourne first, after 6 month i will try to search job at SA, if will get move there to fulfill my moral obligation.

My question is , should i inform SA Immigration office about my circumstances and decision now? Or when i will move there just let them know, may be after 6 months?

If i keep silent all the time staying at AUS, (may be i will never get any job offer from SA), what will be the circumstance?

I am in a bit mental pressure head says go to melbourne get the job started secured life. Or go to Adeliade... doing nothing, be in more pressure....:confused::confused:

Help, advise will be very much appreciable.

Thanks

Scorion

Sorry - going to sound rude now but lots of things 'have been discussed' before in this whole forum yet get asked again and again , and I am sure the op is aware of this and has infact done a search . Perhaps they are wanting someone elses view,perhaps someone has an updated story to tell or perhaps someone who could have replied before missed all the other threads around this subject. Sorry it just bugs me when people tell people to 'do a search ' on something.

Anyway, back to the question, Personally I think it could do no harm in phoning the diac/sa or whoever it maybe to see where the ground lies ??

my friend asked me this question last week they have valiadated their visa already, so we waited up till late on sunday night and phoned diac, to be told you have you visa grant you can do what you want to, however they advised that my friends told the local state who sponsored them just to be polite and also so they can alter their records. very helpfull on the phone and i think that phoning your ss state just to inform them is being polite, its not as if they can revoke your visa or anything. I'm lucky hopefully going to where i got my ss anyhow. :-)

Most employers won't bother with you if they can't see you face to face. A cv doesn't show a persons character, get hunting when you arrive in the state you applied in, they say 50% of jobs are won through networking.

I know this has been discussed, but why doesn't Australia have laws that revoke a visa if someone violates their state sponsorship?

With the advent of the SMPs, Oz is putting more emphasis on state specific needs. Why would they create a gigantic loop-hole?

I mean, do I have to stop for red lights when driving in Oz? Or, is it just a moral obligation? If it's a cornerstone of your migration policy, then make it a law! If not, then just do away with SS all together.

Hi, as other have said this has been discussed many times before. I am also the holder of a 176 visa living in Melbourne granted in August 2010. Bascially the purpose of the 176 visa is for a person to etsablish permanent residency by living and working in that state for a min 2 year period. However, this is a moral obligation and I would doubt it very much if they would cancel your visa on this basis. The cancellation of a visa only occurs in severe circumstances such as if you commited murder. I would add however that I hope that the governement do change the rules and revoke visa holders of 176 if they use them to manipulate the system and have no intentions of living in their sponsoring state rather than following the 175 visa route. I can undertsand people needing to move state if they cannot secure employment in their filed in a set period but I believe this should be reviewed as an indvidual case. keep looking for work in your field - maybe come over and validate your visa look at houses, register for work agencies ect before making permannet plans. Good luck>)

Guest PriyaReddy

You may be 100% genuine in your efforts of trying for jobs in your SS secured state, but there are people who are trying to exploit this loop hole, and there are some people who can always doubt your efforts.

I came to know thru my friends agent that, if you have evidence that you "sincerely" tried for jobs and unable to secure one, you can request the state for permission to leave. I am not sure what kind of evidence they expect or it is true or not.

Hope you get some different responses/views which are not discussed in earlier threads as someone is suggesting.

-PR

Guest HoutoMel
Sorry - going to sound rude now but lots of things 'have been discussed' before in this whole forum yet get asked again and again , and I am sure the op is aware of this and has infact done a search . Perhaps they are wanting someone elses view,perhaps someone has an updated story to tell or perhaps someone who could have replied before missed all the other threads around this subject. Sorry it just bugs me when people tell people to 'do a search ' on something.

Anyway, back to the question, Personally I think it could do no harm in phoning the diac/sa or whoever it maybe to see where the ground lies ??

Just to piggyback on this...

Telling people to "do a search" is just below telling them to go away, in my opinion. Maybe a better response would be, "My understanding is that___________________________, but here's more discussion on this topic (thread link here)." Now that I think about it, being ignored might be better than "do a search..." Although as 2and3 mentioned, that's assuming that the search would be fruitful.

Even then, it assumes a monolithic discussion on what could be a complex issue. Furthermore, in this age of thread consolidation, could be literally hundreds of pages deep--and with people sharing their own answers from their own perspectives--could actually be confusing.

In this instance, given the depth of OP's question regarding key words such as "moral obligation" says that they in fact did search at least something before asking their question.

Personally my friends situation is genuine they have been over validated tried to find work without no luck, come back gathered their thoughts and now want to go back and try again. However I think the biggest downfall is the licensing requirements for some trades people, my friend wanted to work in QLD as a carpenter so he got his white card, went over and was then faced with the prospect of doing a BSA course which scared the life out of him to start with, he is a trades person and not an academic. Although it was completed it had a considerable drain on their finances hence the move back to recoup as such.

I think that all trades that require a license in any particular state should do all the licensing requirements as part of the visa process so they are ready to work when they land.

How many horror stories have we heard about plumbers etc, etc.

I agree with the above post though that unless there is a genuine reason that can prove you need to change state you should stay where you were sponsored. I'm hopefully going WA and once there will make it work no matter what.