457 - taking forever!

Guest Lani

Hi guys - new to the forum, so im sorry if all this has been mentioned and discussed before.

Currently waiting on my 457 to (hopefully) be granted. Sponsorship and nomination visa's all ticking along nicely. But my part of the visa seems to be at a standstill. Submitted begining of June - but i havent heard anything. I have submitted all paperwork that i am aware that needs to be submitted. But stil just appears at the processing stage.

Its killing me, im itching to get out there! Without a date its hard to completely prepare by selling car, packing things etc. Nightmare!

Anyone else in the process?

Or heading to Melbourne way??

Thanks in advance

Lani :biggrin:

Guest dubsydney
Hi guys - new to the forum, so im sorry if all this has been mentioned and discussed before.

Currently waiting on my 457 to (hopefully) be granted. Sponsorship and nomination visa's all ticking along nicely. But my part of the visa seems to be at a standstill. Submitted begining of June - but i havent heard anything. I have submitted all paperwork that i am aware that needs to be submitted. But stil just appears at the processing stage.

Its killing me, im itching to get out there! Without a date its hard to completely prepare by selling car, packing things etc. Nightmare!

Thanks in advance

Just be patient...I lodged mine on 8/8/2011 and just today visa granted

I am in heaven now...I will pray for you!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks in advance

if you/your prospective employer are using an agent, you could ask them to find out what the delay is or if there are any issues.

I know how it is with waiting, we were in the same siuation just over 4 years ago, and also knowing that once the visa is granted then its a mad rush to organize the rest.

Good luck and hopefully you will get the magic email soon.

No agents involved at either end - we are both doing the online applications ourselves. I work as self employed, contract work, so its a pain having to keep waiting, taking on work in hope i dont have to drop and go. Nightmare. Sure its all worth it tho!!

No agents involved at either end - we are both doing the online applications ourselves. I work as self employed, contract work, so its a pain having to keep waiting, taking on work in hope i dont have to drop and go. Nightmare. Sure its all worth it tho!!

Definitely worth the wait (IMO)

Mine took over 12 months from start to finish. My employer (EX) dragged their heels getting all the paperwork sorted, and in the end I actually threatened not to go, and they got things sorted finally.

My ENS permanent visa on the other hand took about 7 working days from the paperwork being received & the visa granted :wink:

Guest asadns

Thanks in advance

Hello, I too am waiting application processed further since 1.8.11. What is your status of application?

I have just recieved my 457 today it has only taken two weeks? I may be wrong but i think they are sent to different departments depending upon what your occupation is ?? I say this because communication I recieved quoted health (I am a nurse) ?? have you got a number you can ring to try and speak to someone ? good luck x

Thanks in advance

Lani

The visa application will not progress until the Sponsorship and Nomination are finalised.

You need to get the sponsor to folloow up on the sponsorship and nomination.

So chased up my visa with sponsors. They have now cancelled due to the time involved. Despite paying for all parts of their visa. So search begins for another sponsor!!:arghh: