Trying to get skills assessed..being given the run around...

Cruella2949

Hey all,

We are currently in NSW on a 457 visa. Hubby is a mechanic and we are sponsored by his employer who he has worked for since Nov 2010.

We recently submitted our Form 80 to our migration agent who told us that we need to get hubbys skills assessed first.

So, we contacted immigration who told us to contact Deewr who told us to contact tra who told us to contact vetassess who told us to contact immigration...etc...etc...etc..!

Having made about 800 phone calls and being told something different every time, I am now on the verge of screaming!

Does ANYONE know who we need to pay to get hubbys skills assessed? We are from the UK and he needs to be assessed as a motor mechanic. TRA say its vetassess and vetasses say its TRA as we are already in Aus. TRA say that we are classed as 'offshore' as we only have a temporary visa???

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Hey all,

We are currently in NSW on a 457 visa. Hubby is a mechanic and we are sponsored by his employer who he has worked for since Nov 2010.

We recently submitted our Form 80 to our migration agent who told us that we need to get hubbys skills assessed first.

So, we contacted immigration who told us to contact Deewr who told us to contact tra who told us to contact vetassess who told us to contact immigration...etc...etc...etc..!

Having made about 800 phone calls and being told something different every time, I am now on the verge of screaming!

Does ANYONE know who we need to pay to get hubbys skills assessed? We are from the UK and he needs to be assessed as a motor mechanic. TRA say its vetassess and vetasses say its TRA as we are already in Aus. TRA say that we are classed as 'offshore' as we only have a temporary visa???

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Consult your agent.

:smile:I have a friend who is a mechanic and recently did his assessment via VETASSES. It was a long process for him as he had to get his apprenticeship and all subsequent work related employment verified. Your agent should be able to tell you if you are TRA versus VETASSES or you could probably find this out via the VETASSES website.

My husband (Fitter) has to go the TRA route and its taken us 5 months of paper gathering.... but it will be worth it!

Good luck!

Archived