shipping tools

Guest an12isha

Guest an12isha

Hi Guys

Has anyone shipped tools to australia, hubby is a bricklayer wants to take cement mixer, acros and other tools. Is it worth taking as would cost alot to buy everything again in Brisbane. What are your thoughts.

Anisha

Unless the cement mixer is immaculate (which they never are after a bit of use, It will be a waste of time & money shipping it over. They might not even let it through customs & you will be hit with a bill for disposal as well. Personally I would recommend buying a new one here and save yourselves a lot of possible problems.

most other tools as mentioned are fine so long as they are very clean.

what about hand tools with rust stain, when i say rust stain its dark in colour of rust but no visible flake rust, I have washed them with WD etc it gets them clean but does not take away the fact that they have started to rust, I don't know any carpenter who works outside who does not have rust coloured stains on them, any thoughts on this please.

Guest kennmikp

it is a pain in the a$$ cleaning tools.

Iv spent the past 2 weekeknds cleaning all my fitter tools :arghh:.

i washed then all in soapy water and cleaned em down dry with a rag. No grease on them at all, just a few deep rust ares on a few, and a spot of flakey chrome on 1 or 2.

They best bloody pass quarantine :chatterbox:

Iv yet to finish my bike (done half of it) :eek:

what about hand tools with rust stain, when i say rust stain its dark in colour of rust but no visible flake rust, I have washed them with WD etc it gets them clean but does not take away the fact that they have started to rust, I don't know any carpenter who works outside who does not have rust coloured stains on them, any thoughts on this please.

We brought over a big selection of bits and bobs that we had in our garden in Europe all of which where old metal bins, water urns, metal buckets etc and most have some rust or signs of, and not a problem.

Same with tools etc, rust isnt the issue, its soil or other dirt & grime.

Guest kennmikp
If its a mountain bike, dont forget under the saddle :wink:

often gets overlooked (and quarantine look out for it)

Have stripped it down :wink:

But thanks for the top tip :notworthy:

Hi Dude

How did your reccie go......did you get much insight/info etc.. etc..

In answer to your question I have been scrubbing with WD40 and jeyes with wire brushes and a tooth brush for weeks now.....yes the stains/rust marks dont scrub out so I decided to buy some metalic silver spray from wilko's about £5 a tin.......I'm now just spraying everything in sight 'silver'........they look lovely and new, if just a little 'tin man' from wizard of Oz........I'm a bit pissed off with cleaning now but its got to be done....

Archived