Now in the east, help needed!

young2682

:wubclub:

Hey all,

My were meant to be staying in the western suburbs (my hubby was originally going to be working in sunshine) but now he has been transferred to Hallam on the East side!

We will probably stay there to begin with to save money as he can cycle to work but long term we are looking at Berwick, does anyone have any advice/info on this area or similar?

We are a young family with 2 children (3 & 4.5) so want plenty to do and good schools etc

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Many thanks :wub:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, please don't worry you have some great family suburbs close to Hallam, you could even head to Mornington. Berwick is great, I love Berwick, we lived in Lyndhurst/Lynbrook for 7 years, loved it and the schools. Also look at Sandhurst, Waterways, Aspendale area, Narre Warren North or South, Cranbourne North or West.

You should be able to find a rental in Hallam and its not that bad there its hilly sort of and there are some nice houses aroung there and it will be close to work for your oh. Once you settle you can then look around at other areas. Of course it depens on how long a commute you want your oh to have.

Hi, all of the areas above are good choices, if I was working in Hallam I would look at Narre Warren North, some nice houses on bigger blocks that the other areas and close to Hallam, if you like that sort of thing. But long term Berwick is a popular choice, we live in Lyndhurst about 15 min away, we had the morning off for an appointment in Berwick and had brunch in a cafe while we were there, on a nice sunny winters day like today it was really hard to go into work for the afternoon!

My 'little' brother lives in Narre Warren and thinks it's good (as does wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs + cat). Good transport links too.

Besides you can't beat a suburb that has a road called 'Ernst Wanke'.

hehehehehehehe

It's almost as good as the local village here called 'Pets Bottom'

Ha ha ha ha thats hilarious!

Thanks for the post though, we are liking the look of that area, just need to find out more about kindergartens, I have a 3 year old and a 4.5 year old, I am not sure whether I am entitled to anything whilst on a 457 visa or not, dont suppose you know anything about that??

thanks in advance :-)

I love watching our English friends try to pronounce some of the Aussie names - they even struggle with Mount Dandenong, and they though I was joking about Nar Nar Goon and Maribyrnong

Sorry, can't help you at all with the kinder's I'm afraid - although I'm sure others here will!

:)

but for the locals its just mount dandy :wink:

I used to have the pish taken out of me the first few times I tried pronouncing Wallabadah.

For sure - or 'up the mountain', I have to admit it makes it a little easier describing to some people where M&D live by pointing to the hills and saying 'you see them?' (they nod) 'at the top'

Less than 8 weeks now!!!!!!!!!

For sure - or 'up the mountain', I have to admit it makes it a little easier describing to some people where M&D live by pointing to the hills and saying 'you see them?' (they nod) 'at the top'

Less than 8 weeks now!!!!!!!!!

Even here "up the mountain" its fab weather for the time of year. 15/18 degrees most days for the last couple of weeks and its still winter. where on the mountain do M&D live?

Arrghh, will figure it out eventually -

From your link it's close, but you need to 'turn around' and go back down the hill

When you get to the cross-road where there are lots of Agapanthas (blue flowers :P) go down there, past the dodgy white plastic chair and pile of timber on the RHS. Where the road bends slightly to the Left and the Aggie's stop (also on left) that's M&D's on the RIght :) Big double gate, one of which is open.

(Dad was very cross about that, now people can see his shed!)