475 visa

Heather Law

If i apply for a 475 state sponsor to a regional area, after the required 2 years when i am allowed to apply for permanent residency - as long as i have worked for 12 months in regional Australia, does the 12 months have to be in my nominated occupation or does any occupation count?

Any advice would be appreciated

:goofy:

Guest mikewheble

I believe that any work will be fine. I have known friends that have gone out as Chef's etc and worked in completely different industries. Other people on here may be able to confirm.

Mike

Yes I can confirm. We also applied for 475 Visa and I read a lot about this Visa. You don't have to work in your nominated occupation. Important is that you work full time for 12 months and have to stay at least two years, if possible, in your sponsored regional area.

Hope this helps

Sandy

Guest mikewheble
Yes I can confirm. We also applied for 475 Visa and I read a lot about this Visa. You don't have to work in your nominated occupation. Important is that you work full time for 12 months and have to stay at least two years, if possible, in your sponsored regional area.

Hope this helps

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

I have a question about the 475. I am going out on mine at the end of September and have a job lined up. The company is based in Sydney and so I will be contracted to work at home which will be regional NSW...does this break the 475 visa rules?

Thanks in advance

Mike :biggrin:

Hi Sandy,

I have a question about the 475. I am going out on mine at the end of September and have a job lined up. The company is based in Sydney and so I will be contracted to work at home which will be regional NSW...does this break the 475 visa rules?

Thanks in advance

Mike :biggrin:

Hi Mike,

As I know you have to proof were you have been working the whole 12 months and I think it is not so good when your employer is Sydney based. I am pretty sure you will break the ruels but this is only my opinion. I think it counts were your employer is and not were you work. For sure is when you apply for permanent visa you have to bring evidence were you have worked and maybe your employer will confirm that you have worked regional but as I said I don't know if this count. To be really sure about this it would be the best to ask DIAC directly.

Sorry, I can't give you more advice.

Sandy

Guest lobsters

We're going to regional NSW on a 475 visa.

The conditions of the 475 visa are that you have to live in the region which sponsored you for 2 years and work for 12 months in your nominated occupation. Which I guess is obvious as they have sponsored you because your occupation is on their skills shortage list (State Migration Plan).

Guest mikewheble

Hi Sandy/Lobsters

It

is as I thought :-( Thanks for confirming it. I am awaiting a 121 visa which should be through by October/November/December...who knows.

Thanks again

Mike

Hi Sandy/Lobsters

It

is as I thought :-( Thanks for confirming it. I am awaiting a 121 visa which should be through by October/November/December...who knows.

Thanks again

Mike

So in this case when you receive a 121 Visa after your 475 Visa, your 475 Visa is not valid anymore. You can live and work in Sydney where your employer is. I guess he is also the sponsor for your 121?

So you don't have to worry about 475. However are you aware that you, if you receive a 121 Visa, are bounded to your employer for a couple of years?

Guest rex123
We're going to regional NSW on a 475 visa.

The conditions of the 475 visa are that you have to live in the region which sponsored you for 2 years and work for 12 months in your nominated occupation. Which I guess is obvious as they have sponsored you because your occupation is on their skills shortage list (State Migration Plan).

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/eligibility-specified-regional-area.htm

Please go through the link to avoid doubts related to the one year work requirement....

rex

Guest mikewheble
So in this case when you receive a 121 Visa after your 475 Visa, your 475 Visa is not valid anymore. You can live and work in Sydney where your employer is. I guess he is also the sponsor for your 121?

So you don't have to worry about 475. However are you aware that you, if you receive a 121 Visa, are bounded to your employer for a couple of years?

Hi, yes the employer is sponsoring my 121. I guess my real question is, can I work by a company based in Sydney whilst waiting for my 121 to come through. I realise that if I were to continue with the 475 I would have to live in regional area for 2 years and work for one year.

Regards

Mike

Hi, yes the employer is sponsoring my 121. I guess my real question is, can I work by a company based in Sydney whilst waiting for my 121 to come through. I realise that if I were to continue with the 475 I would have to live in regional area for 2 years and work for one year.

Regards

Mike

Honestly, I have no idea if this is possible. I read somewere that you are allowed a specific time to be in non regional area when you are with a 475 Visa in Australia. I guess it was three months but I am not sure anymore. However your 121 Visa should go through very quickly I think there should be no trouble. Good luck to you!

Sandy

Archived