Darch area (Perth/WA) ? (plus Driving license query)

Guest annie0310

Guest annie0310

Hi all.

We have just recently got word that our PR has been granted and are now in the process of ironing out all of the finer details for the big move, which will be in January '12 (Perth area, WA)

We will be trying to find rental accommodation which is within a reasonable commuting distance for both myself and my husband. I will be working in Joondalup, and my husband in Welshpool, so not an easy task ! We have been looking at the Darch area amongst others, and wonder if anyone can comment on the area, and also any surronding areas or suggest somewhere else that would suit us for working in the areas mentioned ?

Also, my silly hubby lost his license for speeding on his motorbike, and has to resit his test before we come over. Will he be subject the the P plate rules as it is a new license, or will his 14 years of (clean!!) driving experience count, and should he be able to transfer straight to a full WA license ?

Thanks for your help :)