cheap accommodation for hubby in Perth short term

Guest myboysjam

Guest myboysjam

Hi, we have our visa :jiggy: and my oh is hoping to go out in the next couple of months to sort out work, house before me and the kids go. Can anyone advise what would be the best/cheapest option to start with. Should we look at a short term rental/hostel/hotel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Valerie

Hi Valerie,

I don't have a solution to your issue but my OH is heading out in October and I am following him at Christmas. I'm dreading the thought of him leaving as we have never spent any time apart, how are you coping? How old are the kids, mine are 4 and 16 months. I will be flying with them on my own which is another thing I'm dreading. My OH is staying with his sister but if your husbands on his own, he should find it easy enough to rent a room somewhere. How long are you going to be apart?

What about him looking into a short term house share or boarding house type of approach. That would probably be cheaper than a hostel, would give a feeling for the area where you as a family are considering settling and is a fixed address whilst sorting out all those other day to day things. Hostels and furnished apartments can work out very expensive and if you are wanting to save money so that you have something in hand when the family is finally together again any saving is worth it.

Guest myboysjam
Hi Valerie,

I don't have a solution to your issue but my OH is heading out in October and I am following him at Christmas. I'm dreading the thought of him leaving as we have never spent any time apart, how are you coping? How old are the kids, mine are 4 and 16 months. I will be flying with them on my own which is another thing I'm dreading. My OH is staying with his sister but if your husbands on his own, he should find it easy enough to rent a room somewhere. How long are you going to be apart?

Hi, we have 2 boys 7 and 3, the youngest of which is a handful. I am trying hard not to think about being on our own too much although I'm dreading it, we haven't been apart for more than a couple of nights, but we are focusing on the point that it's only short term and the best option for us. However, the plan is for Stuart to come home for Christmas and us all fly back out together, I really couldn't do the flight with the youngest on my own, he is really that bad! Good luck to you on your flight with 2 young kids, your braver than me. Valerie xD

Hi all we are in a similar situation my OH is going out in a few months for around 9 months alone, ideally we want him to be somewhere cheap then get somewhere together, he wont have much in the way of furniture so fully furnished would be best. He'll be working near mandurah. Are there cheap apartments around that area?

Any help appreciated

Hi, we have 2 boys 7 and 3, the youngest of which is a handful. I am trying hard not to think about being on our own too much although I'm dreading it, we haven't been apart for more than a couple of nights, but we are focusing on the point that it's only short term and the best option for us. However, the plan is for Stuart to come home for Christmas and us all fly back out together, I really couldn't do the flight with the youngest on my own, he is really that bad! Good luck to you on your flight with 2 young kids, your braver than me. Valerie xD

Brave...??., just plain broke to be honest!! I'd love for Kevin to come home but we just couldn't afford it. I'm hoping to get night flights so they might sleep. My 4yr old will be fine but like yourself my youngest will be a nightmare. He just hates sitting still!! It'll be the longest flight of my life but it will all be over in a couple of days. Really can't wait to go. What are you going to do about santa?

Guest myboysjam

We have since been speaking about me going out myself with the boys due to the money and also now going out sooner, we have decided not to wait until after Christmas and we are now aiming to be out end of November, but with regards to Santa, obviously our stuff will have been shipped so whatever the boys got would need to go in our suitcases, which is fine for the 7 year old as he is happy with computer games and we were getting him a 3d ds, we were also going to get the younger one one of them as well, but its harder as he loves his toys, we had suggested to Josh though (oldest) that we write Santa a letter and explain that we are moving and if there are any big presents if he could leave them in Australia, we had thought that maybe my hubby could get them bikes and maybe a couple of outdoor toys and we had said to Josh we could have a 2nd Christmas when we arrived and that mummy and daddy could pretend to be Santa, put the presents out when they are sleeping and just have another day, thought it would give them something to look forward to and although they wouldnt have any 'big' parcels on Christmas morning they would have more to look forward to. Only problem is as well that both our boys are January babies so they would be getting the presents for that as well xx

Archived