Who's done a Vetassess in carpentry??

Guest tobyb

Hi Anyone,

My agent tells me that sponsored migration is the best route for me as don't quite make it on points the permanent migration route...What a bummer! Can I ask has anyone out there done one of these test and how fussy were they for the work proof photographs ect. Also how hard did they find it. I am very compitant with my skills ok course. Been doing it for 12 years now but have never been that great in an exam room if you know what i mean. Its like being back at school again!

Any advice would be of great help.Many thanks guys...:notworthy:

Thanks for that Mandy. I have had a look at those posts and they are very helpfull. I best top up on my knowledge a bit then..haha!

the carpenter test is straight forward if you know your stuff, the test is not designed to catch you out in any way...its for you to demonstrate what you are capable of doing, you will have to set out and construct a hip roof showing all the marking out and bird mouth cuts etc, make a horse bench to a given size with splayed pitched legs, answer ted questions etc etc, good luck

Proviews right ......and i have said many times.....they arnt there to catch you out...if you know your stuff it will be fine.......if you aint done roofs or saw stools for a while get some timber and practice............anyway you shouldnt listen to proview he's still a carpenters apprentice :biglaugh:

Archived