Cost of living in mainland nsw

Guest Mark2560

Guest Mark2560

I've been offered a job working in the mining industry. Working approx 55 hrs a week, and would be on $120000 a year, I have a wife and 2 children, does anyone know if this will be enough to live off, my wife will be working once the children are settled in at school, we will be renting initially but by no means do we have Rose tinted sunglasses please help!!!

Guest hendersons

Hi mark.. Mrs H here. Have done much research and many sums.. if you want to have a look at them you are v welcome. I have got some figures from this site some from my sister and her husband who live in sydney and some from Dave at Liebherr. Obviously wont know how real they really are until we get there but they are apparently pretty close!?!

I've been offered a job working in the mining industry. Working approx 55 hrs a week, and would be on $120000 a year, I have a wife and 2 children, does anyone know if this will be enough to live off, my wife will be working once the children are settled in at school, we will be renting initially but by no means do we have Rose tinted sunglasses please help!!!

On a $120k a year you could live in Sydney (outskirts). I think you will be OK in Maitland and the surrounding area though hopefully someone who lives locally can shine some more light on costs.

Good luck!

Average wage in Australia is $67,000.

Maitland is prone to the odd flood. So, be aware. An extract from Wikipedia:

"Maitland's proximity to the Hunter River has resulted in a succession of floods since European settlement. Over 200 floods have occurred on the Hunter River since settlement, 13 of those higher than the river's normal peak limit of 10.7 metres (35.1 ft). Of these 13, all have had a direct effect on the city of Maitland.[6]"

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived