Cat Vaccines

Sherbetdip23

Your vet should know the ropes and be able to sort it all out for you. 2 of mine came from Italy originally so we also did the whole rabies thing and then did it on cat n. 3 too as well as all the annual flu vaccines. If you decide to do rabies (in case you need to travel any where else) you need to be looking at around 7 months from the vaccination to blood test to being able to travel. Again, just check with your vet who will sort out the pet passports for you. Good luck, mine are already in Oz in quarantine!!

Your vet should know the ropes and be able to sort it all out for you. 2 of mine came from Italy originally so we also did the whole rabies thing and then did it on cat n. 3 too as well as all the annual flu vaccines. If you decide to do rabies (in case you need to travel any where else) you need to be looking at around 7 months from the vaccination to blood test to being able to travel. Again, just check with your vet who will sort out the pet passports for you. Good luck, mine are already in Oz in quarantine!!

Hi

Thanks for that. we won't be needing rabies though. How far in advance do we need to do the other vaccinations? Yours already in quarrantine - wow, which quarrantine station are they in? When do you go out? Which agency did you use to ship them? Sorry for all the Q's :cute:

Guest juliemtaylor

we used Petair UK to ship them. The vaccinations were there usual ones given annually. The Petair vets checked them and off they went for their 30 days in quarantine. Both are doing well 18 months later,

Julie x

Archived