Advice on which visa. New points system.

robbothejoiner

Guest siamsusie
Hi, which would the best visa to apply for, for a British UK carpenter, my wife who's job is not SOL. With two kids. Struggling for info. Don't seem to have enough points for any visa.

Many thanks.:err:

Hi Robbothejoiner,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

I am moving this to the migration thread in the hope you will receive some answers.

Good Luck

Susie x

I'm 34 years old. Been a carpenter for 17 years (4 year apprenticeship 13 years qualified). Worked in trade continuously. UK citizen / passport. Wife 32 (pharmacy dispenser) not worked for 3 years. Kids are 3 and 2 years old.

Any suggestions? It looks like I will have to do an IELTS test and score 7's to get 65 points as far as I can see. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

I'm 34 years old. Been a carpenter for 17 years (4 year apprenticeship 13 years qualified). Worked in trade continuously. UK citizen / passport. Wife 32 (pharmacy dispenser) not worked for 3 years. Kids are 3 and 2 years old.

Any suggestions? It looks like I will have to do an IELTS test and score 7's to get 65 points as far as I can see. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Going by what you've told us, you could go for an independent 175 visa but you'll need all 8s in IELTS for that.

Or

You could get state sponsorship and go for a 176 visa. For a state sponsored 176 you will still need to do IELTS but all 7s will get you over the line because of the 5 points you'll get for the state sponsorship

If your native language is English, and if you do some preparation beforehand, you should be able to get all 7s on IELTS without too much trouble. There are study guides and there are also a number of excellent threads on PIO with excellent tips and hints.

Archived