Shipping electricals

cms72

Moving out to Melbourne 14th Sept. Just getting shipping organised but can anyone advise me on whether it is worth shipping electrical items? Thinking mainly of the TV, Nintendo Wii, kettle, iron etc.... oh & my favorite lamps :cute: xx

Guest siamsusie
Moving out to Melbourne 14th Sept. Just getting shipping organised but can anyone advise me on whether it is worth shipping electrical items? Thinking mainly of the TV, Nintendo Wii, kettle, iron etc.... oh & my favorite lamps :cute: xx

If your TV is old I wouldnt bother to be frank.. the rest fo your mentioned articles, yes sure bring the lot.

Susie

Guest mr magoo

Hi,

We stupidly sold or gave away everything, white goods and electrical goods are a lot more expensive here, for example a hoover or a washer could cost you three times the price of the same model in the UK, Ship everything you can. We had to spend a fortune replacing stuff we gave away.

I agree about the TV, leave it unless its new.

Guest juliemtaylor

Don't bring your t.v or digital box, fridge/freezer, but bring all the rest as it will save you a packet doing it all over again here.

Julie x

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

We stupidly sold or gave away everything, white goods and electrical goods are a lot more expensive here, for example a hoover or a washer could cost you three times the price of the same model in the UK, Ship everything you can. We had to spend a fortune replacing stuff we gave away.

I agree about the TV, leave it unless its new.

I brought everything Mr Magoo, and the fridge freezer now makes an excellent drinks fridge.

If you are bringing a container ship the lot lol

Guest mr magoo

Yeah, we looked at a container, but opted for a individual boxes, approx 22 tea chests full of clothes books and toys etc. Gave away a 2mt old washer, dryer, and sold or gave away all of our other household good's. It cost us an arm and a leg to replace everything when we got here, which I dint really budget for as we had left stuff that we had accumulated over years.

If I could do it all again I would defiantly have went down the container route.

If you've got stuff that's new (or new-ish) and you like then bring it unless it's going to bump you up to a bigger container! TV's will work (might need a digi-box but they're cheap as chips). If you're thinking of buying stuff just to bring over, don't forget to check out TheGoodGuys in Oz and see if it's really worth the hassle.

(It can be a nightmare with warranties etc if they're from overseas)

Archived