What agency???

Guest elainegallacher

Guest elainegallacher

Hi, seriously thinking of moving or at least applying to migrate to Australia, would anyone recommend an agency to assist. Also going through skilled workforce, social worker for my sins, any info? Kids aged 14 and 12 oh and my hubby. Never been to Australia but have thought about it for years and time is running out, now aged 44. Any info in best areas etc. Any info on anything much apreciated.

Hi there we started our application in March 07 and we are with Go-Matilda we went with these because I have a friend who emigrated to OZ in June of this year and she used them. She is living in Melbourne (Mornington Pennisula) and she is loving it. I wouldn't know where to start I still find it all very confusing with Visas, pathways i'm still none the wiser. I was under the impresssion that there is 3 stages we completed stage 1 but we have failed our TRA acknowledgement so we have to appeal, but we aren,t going to put off we will just try again. Any way good luck and best wished

Hi

We've appointed Julia at Migrate Australia and she has been fantastic (so far). She's really efficient and prompt in answering questions. She was recommended to me by the Burser at my sons school. She appointed her in Feb this year and flew to Sydney with family in Sept!!!!

She is based in Lancelin, Perth and is actually coming to the Coventry Migration Show on October6/7 so we are meeting up with her. We appointed her beginning of August and got straight onto doing the TRA, which was ready and lodged on Sept 7th. All our visa application papers etc are ready to hand to her at the show so they can be lodged as soon as TRA is back!!!! I think her fees are reasonable too.

Home or email julia@migrateaustralia.com.au

Hope this helps

Badal

Hi

Got our visas through 2 weeks ago. We used a company called 1stContact. Everything went really smoothly. We were given a caseworker and she helped us every step of the way. We first sent off our forms in January and are leaving UK in Jan 2008. She helped with any questions we had. We would highly recommend them.

Helen, Ross, Chloe (12) & Lily (6)

Hiya,

we approached Dianne Perry, Managing Director of info@advantagemigration.com. Dianne has been great. We had a free assessment done and didn't meet the points required. Dianne tried to see if we could go down pathway D. Unfortunately pathway D has been temp removed. She kept us informed and has offered to give us advice, and yet we haven't been charged. We never enquired about fees though.

Hope this helps

Adele xx:yes:

Hi can you give me details on where the coventry migration show is thanks

It's at Stoneleigh Park (iI think this is an agricultural showground) B4113 Stoneleigh Road, Coventry, Warwickshire CV8 2LZ Sat 6th/Sun 7th October. Emigrate shows - starting a new life abroad

I've never been to one before so have no idea what it will be like!

Badal

Hi Elaine,

Welcome to PIO,

I too am a social worker (must have done something really bad in a previous life!LOL), my biggest stress was getting my skills assessed. Not sure if you know but the DipSW doesn't qualify you to practice as a social worker in Oz, but it does qualify you to work as a welfare worker which is worth 60points towards your visa. If you have a degree and loads of experience you may get recognition as a social worker though, not sure how much research you've done, if you need more details feel free to pm me.

Best Wishes,

Bec x

Guest elainegallacher

Hi Bec,

Thanks for relying, I've only 4 years experience of qualifid worker but loads of other experience, have a sw degree. How far on are you with application etc, scary stuff but I'm going for it.

Elaine x

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Elaine, and 101.gif to PIO, we are also using

Go Matilda, who have been great so far, if you would like their number just PM me.

Good luck

KP Nuts

Guest iclaytz

Hi, I am an extremely interested lecturer looking to move to Oz, and like all other forum users here I am unsure as to who to use to begin the process. Would you be able to provide me with Go Matilda's contact details please?

Regards

Ian

Hi, I am an extremely interested lecturer looking to move to Oz, and like all other forum users here I am unsure as to who to use to begin the process. Would you be able to provide me with Go Matilda's contact details please?

Regards

Ian

Hi there hope you are ok our consultant is Marina Towner her e-mail address is marina@gomatilda.com if you need any more information don't hesitate to ask Cheers Tania

Hi again Elaine,

Sorry, I missed the remainder of this thread. We've done all our application stuff, just waiting on a decision but our medicals are in the backlog at Sydney, according to our agent should be any day now. We started the process Aug 06, our application has gone fairly smoothly so far, so fingers crossed we get our visa!!

Sounds like you might get recognition as a social worker with your degree and experience. If you apply to AASW (social work body) for your skills assessment and you don't qualify, they automatically refer you to AIWCW (welfare work body) at no extra cost, so you've nothing to lose by applying to AASW in the first instance. Both occupations are worth 60 points as far as I know. I went straight to AIWCW as I guessed I wouldn't qualify for social work recognition. It works the other way too, if you're over qualified for AIWCW they refer you to AASW.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'll get no recognition in Oz as a social worker after all my hard work here, but it's a means to an end. I'm in touch with a social worker in Perth who thinks that you can do some Uni credits to bump up your DipSW, so maybe I'll do that.

Anyway, good luck with it all and like i said, pm me if you think I can help in any way,

Bec x

Archived