What school???

barry family

Hope someone can help me, how do I go about picking a School, putting name down etc. Hoping to move over within 12 months, My 2 boys are 10 + 9. Cairns is where we hope to be (Trinity Beach, Palm Cove, Redlynch Area). Going over in 3 weeks to have a look about, do you think I should look into Schools whilst I`m there? how do I know which is the best? When we move over they will obviously be a year older! would appreciate your help/coments.

You will probably want to focus on finding a place to live and then the school will fall into place. General rule of thumb is that if you dont want to live in a suburb you dont want to send your kids to a school in that suburb and all gov schools have a catchment area and they have to take kids from that area so there will be no worries about your kids actually being enrolled in a school. So find a place that you want to live in 24/7, you can afford and is close enough to work in a suburb that you like and you should be fine. You can check out the schools here http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5926252707_b26e0b02a1_o.jpg

If you dont happen to like the local gov school after all that, there is usually a parallel Catholic system to consider or you may try and get an out of area enrolment for a gov school - that depends on the school as to whether they will take your child or not. You wont be able to put their names down for gov schools until you have a permanent address. It's not like UK

Archived