Qantas Frequent Flyer - membership fee when in Oz?

paisleylass

I joined husband and I up to Qantas FF to start claiming miles seeing as BA Exec club won't be much use anymore! It was free to join as we are currently in the UK, but will we have to stump up the membership fee when living in Oz? I anticipate we'll be stacking up a fair amount of points as I wanna get the Amex card and other loyalty things thet get Qantas miles :biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

No PaisleyLass.

I did exactly the same and changed my address when I arrived. No charges and I would never pay for a FF programme either.

We also have our ANZ & Amex cards linked to the Qantas FF and Woolworths.

No problemo.

Susie x

NB There is also an offer right now for members Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership8

If you're not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, get your complimentary membership now and save $82.508. Visit qantas.com/joinffanz.

Awesome stuff, thanks Susie! Wonder if we can rack up enough miles for a freebie to Perth in Jan?!

Looks like the scheme includes taxes and fees for domestic flights, unlike lovely BA where you end up paying virtually all the fare while using miles anyway! Grr! Think we saved all of £10 last time we 'paid' with BA miles!

Guest siamsusie
Awesome stuff, thanks Susie! Wonder if we can rack up enough miles for a freebie to Perth in Jan?!

Looks like the scheme includes taxes and fees for domestic flights, unlike lovely BA where you end up paying virtually all the fare while using miles anyway! Grr! Think we saved all of £10 last time we 'paid' with BA miles!

Personally PaisleyLass they are not my favourite airline but we use them within Australia.

We have just saved ourselves as a family Tasmania to Perth $2,000 on Boxing Day, so I am not moaning and as you say they soon mount up.

We pay all our household bills on CC's (pay the CC off at the end of the month) and its amazing what you accumulate.

Yes includes all taxes and fees.

BA:nah:.

Susie xx

Guest guest37336

The BA FF programme Paisley lives up to their name:

BA = Bugger All, and FF = For FXXX Sake.:no:

Yeah, as long as we get where we wanna go, not too worried! We too pay off everything every month, I am no fan of paying interest when we don't need to! Wonder if the rent can go on CC too?!

Plan to use AMEX where possible as the points are best, but I guess we should get the NAB Mastercard as well - not all retailers love Amex here, I guess it's the same there?!

Qantas is the new Nectar for us!

The BA FF programme Paisley lives up to their name:

BA = Bugger All, and FF = For FXXX Sake.:no:

Haha ace! And very true. We have about 23k BA miles left and may just donate 'em to charidee if we can. Doubt we'll get to use 'em before we go, only good for a hop to London really, prob cheaper to get easyjet flights. I do like flying with them, especially transatlantic, but the FF scheme is pretty useless.

Also have lots of miles with Continental - just as we nearly had enough for return flights to USA they moved the goalposts by 5,000 miles, so they are redundant too, no plans to fly with them or their partners anytime soon!

Yes not everyone takes Amex.. we have also linked with ANZ Platinum FF (Visa) and we have been very satisfied with them.

http://www.anz.com/personal/credit-cards/rewards-frequent-flyer/frequent-flyer/ gives you a free card saving you $82 bucks odd.

Susie x

That's pretty good, and I see you don't have to be an ANZ customer - just opened account with NAB heheh!

Cheers for the info :biggrin:

I wonder how much you have to spend to offset the annual $95 fee from holding the card against reward points earned? especially if you're holding multiple cards for the purpose of accruing miles?

Shouldn't be too difficult, especially if you live off bananas from Woolies :wink:

When I booked our one-wayer I realised Expedia had passed on our BA exec club numbers rather than the new Qantas ones I'd put in! grr! I immediately deleted all reference to BA and all is well now.

Archived