Life in Cronulla?

Natnats

Hi there,

We are moving to Sydney in November and are considering Cronulla. We love the Eastern Suburbs but don't think we'll find what we need accommodation wise in the right budget. Does Cronulla have good restaurants, cafes and bars? We are in our mid 30s, no kids and like to eat out a lot, and every now and then go for a few drinks. What do you reckon?

Nats

Lovely place to live.I lived 3kms away in Caringbah.Lots of bars and restaurants and 3 stunning beaches....Cronulla,Eloura and Wanda.

Main train line into the city approx 45 mins.Huge shopping centre in Miranda 10mins on the train,10-15 mins by car.

It is a surf town so it does get very,very busy when the sun is out and the surf is up.Rentals are expensive and very sought after though.

Guest suziem

Hi Nats

We've just moved to Caringbah which as Janine said is just up the road from Cronulla. We've been to Cronulla a couple of times the beach is lovely and there are a fair few bars a cafes there. We were also looking at Cronulla but got more for our money in Caringbah although Cronulla is definitely way busier in terms of restaurants and things to do.

The train into the city is really good and a lot cheaper than the UK. It only costs just over $6 for a return from Caringbah where the same length of journey into London used to cost us over £20 so if you ever wanted to head into the city its good for that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Cronulla is just amazing, I lived there for a year on my WHV. It's where we would like to return to, but seems like we could never afford to buy more than a one bed flat there. But it's a great place to live, lots to eat, drink, pubs, restaurants etc. BeAches are lovely and there is a gorgeous esplanade that you can walk around the coast.

Archived