State sponsorship vs none ?????

Guest lensawyer

Guest lensawyer

OK guys quick questions

My husband and I are wanting to emigrate to Victoria with our 2 children, do we go for state sponsorship or not ???

What are the benefits for state sponsorship my husband is a Joiner and therefore is on the skills in need list..

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you in advance looking forward to hearing your answers as feeling a little confused what to do for the best :unsure:

Louise

xxxx

Hi there, welcome to PIO,

I am a Plumber, also going to Victoria. When we started our application having state sponsorship pushed your application up the list, I know things have changed with the new skills list but I am still sure it would help your application.

Only downside is you are stuck in the Victoria area for a couple of years.

OK guys quick questions

My husband and I are wanting to emigrate to Victoria with our 2 children, do we go for state sponsorship or not ???

What are the benefits for state sponsorship my husband is a Joiner and therefore is on the skills in need list..

Thank you in advance looking forward to hearing your answers as feeling a little confused what to do for the best :unsure:

Louise

xxxx

I agree with Stevenson.

With 175 there is a longer wait whereas once you get the state sponsorship and applied for 176, it's turned around in couple of months.

For your reference check the members timelines on the 176 threads

Guest lensawyer

Thanks guys is there any additional costs with state sponsorship and is it advisable to go through an agent still ???

Sorry to be a pest just so confusing :confused: but soooooo exciting too :biggrin:

There was no charge when we got state sponsor, but that was over a year ago...

We done our own application, and got the visa, but must say it can be a really annoying process that makes you feel like giving up at points (which an agent might take some of the stress out of), but if you feel confident you could do it yourself. go for it.:smile:

Thanks guys is there any additional costs with state sponsorship and is it advisable to go through an agent still ???

Sorry to be a pest just so confusing :confused: but soooooo exciting too :biggrin:

From the different states we looked at WA, ACT charge a small fee but I didn't pay anything for either VIC or SA

I had a bad experience with an agent hence I done it all through the help on this forum. But I also know that there are some good agent as friend and family have used them in the past

Guest lensawyer

Thanks guys very helpful.. Now this is where it gets confusing lol... If we wanted to live in NSW but hubby would be working in Brisbane would we be able to go for state sponsorship or not ???? You will find nothing in my life is simple lol xxxx

Thanks guys very helpful.. Now this is where it gets confusing lol... If we wanted to live in NSW but hubby would be working in Brisbane would we be able to go for state sponsorship or not ???? You will find nothing in my life is simple lol xxxx

It is a moral agreement as part of the sponsorship with the state that you will live and work in that state for 2 years - after all they are trying to fill job vacancies in that state.

Can you not get QLD SS then ??

You have to apply for general 175. If you appy for state sponsorship then you need to stay in the sponsored state for two years.

OK guys quick questions

Louise

xxxx

hey hey,

perhaps the most important of the 176 sponser visa is the required points is reduced, and you get 5 points.

the cases officers are now killing many applications due to not enough points on 175.

if you husband doesnt have a degree and you dont think you are able to get a good pass mark in the english exam. go for the SMP

Archived