Changing Paypal country

fleabo

A question from a lazy person (me).

I have been instructed by 'er indoors to sell a wardrobe. My preferred method is Ebay. Ebay requires at least one of the 'safe' methods of buyer payment - preferred is Paypal.

My Paypal account is still registered in the UK and wants to be paid in GBP. I can't for the life of me work out how to change this to Australia - has anyone managed this, and how?

Thanks from 'Lazybum' Fleabo.:wubclub:

Guest guest33730
A question from a lazy person (me).

I have been instructed by 'er indoors to sell a wardrobe. My preferred method is Ebay. Ebay requires at least one of the 'safe' methods of buyer payment - preferred is Paypal.

My Paypal account is still registered in the UK and wants to be paid in GBP. I can't for the life of me work out how to change this to Australia - has anyone managed this, and how?

Thanks from 'Lazybum' Fleabo.:wubclub:

Fleabo,

I had the same issue this week - basically you can't do it! I had to shut down my UK paypal account and open up a new one in Aus, I also had to then re-validate my accounts in the normal way (i.e. them putting a small deposit into my account etc).

Bit of a pain but I was able to use the same password and I was also able to keep my ebay account and just update my new address.

Daniel

Guest Guest31881

When I moved to Australia I contacted PayPal and asked about this, the reply was , that due to different financial laws in different countries and different rules regarding proving ID, they could not just transfer my account from the UK to Australia. I had to open a new account for Australia.

Archived