not so much a reccy as a road trip

steve781

well we have decided to come over there again for a month next year and this time instead of flying from sydney to brisbane we thought we would take a little road trip from sydney upto gympie where we will use my old mans place as a base to run out of.

Qs. motorhome or car and hotels?

Good places to stop as going to make it about ten days?

Is the pacific highway safe (two kids to worry about)

well we have decided to come over there again for a month next year and this time instead of flying from sydney to brisbane we thought we would take a little road trip from sydney upto gympie where we will use my old mans place as a base to run out of.

Qs. motorhome or car and hotels?

Good places to stop as going to make it about ten days?

Is the pacific highway safe (two kids to worry about)

Alright Steve,

Me and my family (wife and 3 kids) are doing a road trip in October for a month, we are starting in Adelaide then down to Melbourne up to Sydney and then on up to Brisbane :shocked: , i have not been to oz before but the wife has lived there before. We have hired a Euro camper from Apollo and it cost us £3500 for 27 days, we are planning to stay in the big4 camp sites along the way.

I looked at campers because it really appealled to me but the price it costs for the ten day trip we can have a car for the month! which gives us a bit more freedom when we get to Gympie. I wanted to do the melbourne to sydney drive as well but the missis wants her time in sydney and there are only so many places you can go in the time we have got. You will be hooked once you get there if your anything like me, hope you have an awesome time.

steve

We drove a twin cab ute from Adelaide to Brisbane with 2 kids (one at the time 6 the other 10) and we all loved it. I pre booked Motels (average cost of $100 pr night)on the internet so we knew we had somewhere nice to stay, i made sure they all had pools or parks near by for the kids.

I packed lots of little puzzle and colouring books and of course Nintendo Ds's to keep the kids occupied whilst on the road and we had regular 10 min toilet/ leg stretch stops.

We would do it again at the drop of hat, the change of scenery as you drive is fabulous,, i hope you have a fab time.

Cal x

thanks, i think the cars going to win with motels, we found a few places online that look quite good.

Thinking of overnight stops at Port stephens, port macquarie, coffs harbour, byron bay, palm beach, mooloolaba and rainbow beach with stop offs inbetween too. any idea if these places are any good? and if its realistic time wise?

Archived