457 Process????

RPJG

Hi everyone,

This may sound like a daft thread but I am a bit lost!

I am currently living in the UK and I have just been offered a position with a company in Australia. The Visa that we will be applying for is the 457 Temporary Visa.

Could someone please tell me the first step I must take to get the ball rolling??

Do I firstly obtain my Police Clearance? Medicals? or Heath Insurance for over there?

I don't know where to start!?

Thanks

PS If poss please leave me links

Guest jmahood

Congratulations on the job offer! The company employing you should send you all the necessary paperwork. Not everyone needs medicals or police checks, so don't run ahead of yourself getting things you don't need. You will need to scan a copy of your CV, qualifications, passport, etc and you will need medical insurance - HBA offer a reasonably priced policy - they can be contacted on +61 3 9937 3088 or http://www.bupa.com.au. In terms of timescale, as you'll see there is no rhyme or reason as to why some get their's through quick and some takes endless weeks - the wait is agonizing!

The POI posts are invaluable really! :biggrin:

Thanks for the quick response on the issue jmahood ..... I will get scanning this weekend!

I was on HBA website and the fact you've recommended them will make my decision!

Thanks again for the help

Any other assistance is welcome!

Archived