Certifying precious stones

gparkes

Hi all,

Have got some precious stones and wondering if anyone knows of any jewellers that would certify them?

Have them sitting here and no idea what to do with them.

Bought them from dubai cheap and wanted to really bring them back and sell them for profit but don't know where to start!

Someone on here may know of someone who has done or some one who will or may even be a jeweller to give some advice on where to start.

Guest guest37336

Hi Matey.

There are dozens of Jewelers that will do it, make sure they are part of the The Gemmological Association of Great Britain, often a pointer toward their 'professionalism'. But even if not members there are many reputable dealers out there.

I only know (have an idea) because an ex wife of mine dragged me down to a jewelers to check the ring I had bought her to make sure it was real, (trust was a watch word of hers at the time,:biglaugh:) once certified, within three months she buggered off with her boss.:cry::biglaugh::no::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Most high street jewellers have contacts with professional gemsmiths who able to provide them with valuations for insurance purposes but I'm not sure if they will be able to provide a resale value since it will depend largely on how the stones are set in the finished piece.

However, they should be able to point you in the right direction and let you know that the stones are (hopefully) genuine...

Guest guest37336
Thanks Guys!

Tony- thats rough mate!! :mad:

Part of life's rich pageant mate, you have to laugh, but good luck with getting them certified mate. A very good investment in this day and age my friend.:yes:

Guest AberdeenAngus
Bought them from dubai cheap and wanted to really bring them back and sell them for profit but don't know where to start!

I have a mate who works for Customs & Excise. Something to do with gemstones.....

I could ask him if you like. :biggrin:

Archived