IELTS Application Question

Masken

At the risk of sounding silly I have a quick question regarding the completion of the IELTS online application form.

We live in Germany so have to complete so that the test can be taken locally, not sure whether this makes any difference to the questions. However, one of the question is 'How many years have you been studying English?' It's a compulsory question and I'm not sure what to put, my husband is English so he technically hasn't 'studied' it since school so thinking I should put '1 year or less' or should I select the '9 years or more' answer because it's our mother tongue and so we speak it constantly.

I must remember to not fill out forms etc on a Monday morning!!!

I hope someone can help.

Thankyou

Yes it does. They probably don't even look at the question when you've already answered 'nationality' as British so probably isn't that important but can at least complete the form now. Think I'm just having a Monday morning brain freeze so much paperwork to fill out!!

Guest crystal2005

I do not think it is an important question. I don't clearly remember what i put, even dates back when i was sitting at my first IELTS test 5 years ago.

Archived