'888' Rage

DrewNE

Hi Folks!

I need to vent a bit of 888 rage! :mad:

We're completing 888's as part of de-facto evidence, mutual professional friend of ours has completed one for us and took it into the local police station for the Sargent to witness her signature.

He refused to sign the document because - 'one time previous a Police Officer signed a visa declaration and then the applicant went on to commit a crime in the country and the officer was held responsible' - is this not absolutely ludicrous and a total crock of ****!!! That's like saying oh we're going to start arresting parents of criminals, after all they gave birth to them! :wacko:

Progress to GP - 'oh we normally do passports, is it like a passport, i know we do passports, not sure if we can do them if it's not a passport, leave it with us and if the GP can do it he will but we charge £25 for passports' - IT'S NOT A PASSPORT! :realmad:

Rant over

Drew :spinny::goofy::confused:

Guest guest37336
Hi Folks!

I need to vent a bit of 888 rage! :mad:

We're completing 888's as part of de-facto evidence, mutual professional friend of ours has completed one for us and took it into the local police station for the Sargent to witness her signature.

He refused to sign the document because - 'one time previous a Police Officer signed a visa declaration and then the applicant went on to commit a crime in the country and the officer was held responsible' - is this not absolutely ludicrous and a total crock of ****!!! That's like saying oh we're going to start arresting parents of criminals, after all they gave birth to them! :wacko:

Progress to GP - 'oh we normally do passports, is it like a passport, i know we do passports, not sure if we can do them if it's not a passport, leave it with us and if the GP can do it he will but we charge £25 for passports' - IT'S NOT A PASSPORT! :realmad:

Rant over

Drew :spinny::goofy::confused:

Hi Drew.

I know how you feel. The amount of documentation I have had to have witnessed over many years is enormous. The costs involved are often extortinate I'm afraid.

Luckily my wife now knows a JP, and that is where we go to get anything signed now, but I symapthise with your dilemma, it's getting worse as well.

Gone are the days when you could rock up and get them signed fairly easily I'm afraid.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest siamsusie

Unfortunately here in Australia we are very spoilt when it comes down to Stat decs, Passport/Visa's being signed.

We get it done for free.. The UK have such a small amount of recognised persons recognised by DIAC to sign and they charge a fortune. The list is there for all to see so we are not in for nasty surprises.

But ultimately we need our visas so we must comply lol.

Susie

Guest Guest31881

As peach said, Police and doctors cannot certify documents in the UK, it has to be a person off the official list, anyone else and it will not be accepted.