anyone changed from a 175 to a 176-help please!!

TraxFM

Hello

My OH applied for a 175 back in June 2009 and we are still waiting for a decision :arghh:

He is a Fitter (general) and his occupation was on the MODL when we applied but was then taken off and we were in limbo for a long time.

It has beeen put back on the SOL with the July changes but we are getting really desparate for some movement so I have just done a South Australia State Sponsorship application online.

My agent says because of when I applied I dont need to submit another visa application form but I am reluctant to have him deal with this as to be honest they havent really been much help.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had done this and what do I do if I get the big yes from SA? Do I just inform DIAC that we have applied already in 2009 and we want to change our visa to a 176?? :wacko:

Thanks for your advice, its much appreciated:notworthy:

Hello

My OH applied for a 175 back in June 2009 and we are still waiting for a decision :arghh:

He is a Fitter (general) and his occupation was on the MODL when we applied but was then taken off and we were in limbo for a long time.

It has beeen put back on the SOL with the July changes but we are getting really desparate for some movement so I have just done a South Australia State Sponsorship application online.

My agent says because of when I applied I dont need to submit another visa application form but I am reluctant to have him deal with this as to be honest they havent really been much help.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had done this and what do I do if I get the big yes from SA? Do I just inform DIAC that we have applied already in 2009 and we want to change our visa to a 176?? :wacko:

Thanks for your advice, its much appreciated:notworthy:

Hi

I believe DIAC stopped converting 175 to 176 and visa versa unless someone else disagrees.

For a broader feedback I would advise you to post a new thread on the main migration issues section.

Hi

I believe DIAC stopped converting 175 to 176 and visa versa unless someone else disagrees.

For a broader feedback I would advise you to post a new thread on the main migration issues section.

Thank you for your reply, I have posted on the main migration page also. :wink:

Archived