Medical information please

flossybeth

Hello, this is my first post on this forum (after lurking for a while!).

We're in the process of putting together our application and I'm aware that we'll need to undergo medicals. I'm just wondering if weight is a major factor. I'm currently overweight but am losing weight steadily with Weightwatchers. My concern is that I'll still be too heavy and we'll be denied our visas because of me.

Do I need to get jogging :twitcy:?

Floss

Hello, this is my first post on this forum (after lurking for a while!).

We're in the process of putting together our application and I'm aware that we'll need to undergo medicals. I'm just wondering if weight is a major factor. I'm currently overweight but am losing weight steadily with Weightwatchers. My concern is that I'll still be too heavy and we'll be denied our visas because of me.

Do I need to get jogging :twitcy:?

Floss

Hi Floss,

Please don't worry about this. I am no slim jim. I too was worried about being overweight for my medical (partner visa 309/100) and lost 13 kg in the 2 months leading up to it. If your BMI is over 30 they will look at related issues (heart disease/Diabetes), being overweight in itself is not a cause for concern provided you are fit and healthy otherwise. I was weighed with all my clothes on (belt, phone, pocketful of change, wallet, ipod!) The examining doc just said at the end. You are in good health... but you could stand to lose a few pounds!! The cheek!

Hope this puts your mind at rest!

Jon

I was wondering this too, I am overweight for my height but in good health, ie no major issues. I could probably do with losing 2 stone but thats not going to happen by 5 August!!!

My husband is a type 2 diabetic and controls it with diet and some medication. i wonder whether this will be an issue for us?

Archived