Hello!

ClaireandMatt

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself! I'm Claire, moved to Sydney on 13th July, leaving behind Matt in Coventry while we wait for the 457 visa to come through :sad:

I have come over on a 417 visa as the company I have moved to wanted me over here ASAP. Start work tomorrow after arriving early on Wednesday morning! Very nervous and hoping I'm over the jet lag!

We're both trying to get everything sorted in Oz and the UK, I'm desperately trying to find some cat friendly rental properties along the northern line as I only have a week and a half left in the accommodation work have provided, Matt is busy packing all our belongings into boxes to ship over, get the house ready for renting and sorting out getting the cats sent over! :chatterbox:

We have both found the forums really useful and still have lots of questions but also thought we may be able to help others with our experiences so far and in the future!:wubclub:

Looking forward to speaking with you all!

Claire (& Matt!)

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Claire (and Matt) welcome to Australia.

When you look on realestate you will find that 98% of properties are open to accepting pets, it is only if they stipulate "No Pets" in the description you give them a wide berth. If you have a job you are one step there. Write a covering letter telling the agents about you and family, explain how you have recently moved over, tell them what your finances are like (at the end of the day this is there main concern as they want their rent paying) if you can afford it offer an extra $5-$10 per week on the rent they are asking or offer to pay ex amount of rent up front.

Good luck and don't worry there will be a few properties out there for you.

Kate

Archived