Whats the chance of a 457 Visa??

Guest Toomers

Guest Toomers

Hi All,

I have been skulking around PIO for a few years now looking at ways to get to Oz without much success.... Plan A as we didnt meet the skills requirements was to go as a Student, in 2007 we started to move with that, I then had an accident and we couldnt go...

After the accident we moved to another part of the UK, set up home and started on Plan B... My wife enrolled on an Access to Health care course with the view of becoming a Mid Wife to then get to Oz.... 1 year course completed but she wasnt offered a UNi place due to be over suscribed.... crazy really as she did really well and meet all the Uni criteria... so we put the plan of Oz to bed...

Plan C involved me trying to get a 457 sponsor, to cut it short I have now been offered a fantastic role in Melbourne working for a massive company in my dream role... the wages are out of this world ($800 a day - $188,000 PA) but now I am starting to worry that I wount get a visa...

So far we have had knock back after knock back so I am just assuming something will go wrong, I have relivant experiance for the role and 15 years in the same industry as the company.. The main reason i think I am unsure is I do not have any formal qualifacations and the job is a bit of a step up..... what are imigration looking for when they access for a 457.... surly if the company are prepared to sponsor me and pay me a wage they shouldnt be to concerned...

I was interview last week by the person recruiting as he is in the UK, he offered the role to me there and then based on his knowledge of me (I have worked for him in the past) he will be going back to Oz on the 18th July and will get the ball rolling then but I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions...

Fire away!!!!

My advice is go for it! You only live once and by the sounds of things it's meant to be this time before you have been offered a job. It is a horrible waiting game for the visa to come through as thats the situation i am in at the moment but it will be worth the wait in the end. Good luck!

My husband always says nothing ever goes right for him. In my opinion you should go for it. What will be will be!!!!

Oh, by the way....my husband has now got his dream job and we are also working on a 457 visa and intend to be their within next 6/8 weeks....He still says something is bound to go wrong.

good luck.

janine

:yes:

Guest diesel72

Hi Toomers

Good luck on that job offer in Melbourne! My first choice of city in oz! It will all work out in your favour! just wondering, will immigration want to have your skills assessed as you said you don't have any formal qualifications?

Don't know if this is a prerequisite for some or for all jobs. Also looking on going over on a 457, also don't have formal qualifications in uni, etc. Fingers crossed

Guest Toomers

Hi Diesel,

I dont know really if they would want to asses my skills, not sure how they would go about that either...

The role is a Senior Manager's role with reposibility for the relationship with vendors/suppliers...

Archived