Southern NSW

Guest Nyateri

Guest Nyateri

Hi. My husband and I are planning to move to Southern NSW, but have no idea where. He is an Artist and I am a Fashion designer, but we run a Ministry.

We are also looking for a place where we would find a fairly priced country property. Any ideas please.

Guest Dave53

Are you looking at any area in particular ?? For example , is close to the ocean important , or inland more suitable ? .. Southern NSW is a large area ,and a starting point would be a help in offering some advise .

Dave C

Guest Nyateri
Are you looking at any area in particular ?? For example , is close to the ocean important , or inland more suitable ? .. Southern NSW is a large area ,and a starting point would be a help in offering some advise .

Dave C

Hi Dave

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my thread.

We were hoping to be within 45mins to an hour from the ocean max, and hour away from a major town and living country.

Nyateri

Guest Dave53

Nyateri ,

Looking at your preferences , Iwould suggest you have a "look" at the area around Nowra. This would place you close to the ocean , Nowra is a major town with hospital , train service to Sydney and has a lot of lovely countryside around . It is also about 1Hr max from the major city of Wollongong . Another suggestion would be the area around Batemans Bay , there is also a hospital there and nearby beaches , has lovely rural aspects and is about 1.5 hrs by road from Canberra . There is an airport at nearby Moruya , which has a good service to Sydney if need be . Southern NSW is not blessed with large towns near to the Ocean , most major towns are well inland , like Wagga Wagga etc.

I hope I have given you something to go on , not much I admit , but best of luck anyway ..

Dave C

I'm with Dave on Batemans Bay, it is stunning, Ulladulla is lovely too. If you want to go really south there is Eden. It really depends on your preference.

Here is a link for the Shoalhaven area which runs from Nowra -ish to Batemans Bay - ish

http://www.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/Home.aspx

its got loads of info

We are looking to go to Bomaderry which is the north side of Nowra

best of luck choosing as you are a bit spoiled for choice really

Hi. My husband and I are planning to move to Southern NSW, but have no idea where. He is an Artist and I am a Fashion designer, but we run a Ministry.

Sounds like you would fit in well at Berry or Kangaroo Valley, thats where a few artists etc live.

Archived