Cat Advice

Expatmummy

Hi,

We are hopefully moving to Perth, just waiting on hubby's 457 visa. It is all a bit sudden, and the plan is we will be thre in the next 3 months. But we have a beloved cat!

We live in the Middle East, in what is still classed as a rabid country! So far I know that the cat has to be chipped, and fully vaccinated (which he is), and that we have to send him out of the country for quarentine. The question is to where? Do we send him straight to Aus to do his 6 months, or do we send him to the UAE, and then on?

Any help with regards cost comparrison, permits, possible problems would be very gratefully recieved!

Expatmummy x:arghh:

Guest Lissa

6 months is a long time but cats adapt. My cats spent 6 weeks and was no worse for it! They looked after him really well at Byford - good luck with the move.

Hi,

I am using my itouch so not sure if this link will work, you will find all the information you need on it, so here's hoping it works!

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs

I had a quick look and it seems that the period of quarantine for your cat will depend if it has had it's rabies vaccination or not? Hopefully you get some answers though!

I had a friend who recently flew their dog from Dubai to Adelaide and he only had to do 30 days in quarantine!

Archived