Health Visiting in Oz

Guest KateH

Guest KateH

Hi Guys,

I'm after abit of advice if you dont mind.

My nursing registration has lapsed and I am looking at returning to update my registration. I was last a health visitor (also a paediatric nurse), I would prefer to return to health visiting and wonder if anyone knows whether Oz has jobs in health visiting (or its equivalent).

Cheers muchly peeps

Kate

Guest KateH

Cheers Hon,

I thought as much - re registering it is then :0)

Good luck with your eventual move - we are looking 2 years ish how about you ?

Possibly about the same, been thinking about it for years...never the right time, never going to be ! need to just get on and do it now. Are you going to do a return to practice course? Your in demand.

Working as a sexual health adviser at the moment last 3 years. Same issues as you looking at what to do when out there. Be nice to stay in touch.:chatterbox:

My wife was a Health Visitor in central Manchester (Moss Side) before we emigrated. There was no direct equivalent so she worked as an agency nurse for a while.

She then managed to get a job with the Child Development Centre in Perth. She thought it was much better than being a health visitor in Moss Side I can tell you!!

Guest KateH

Hi Collette,

We have been thinking about it for a few years but the idea was cemented when we spent a month there at Christmas - absolutely loved it.

Timescales are abit up in the air at the moment as we have 3 very old dogs who we cant take with us but wont leave behind.

The idea is to do a return to nursing and work as a HV part time. I was at an expo at the weekend and was advised to do this and then get reigistered in Oz - I need about 400 hours to get registration in Oz, so part time should be able to accumulate this in a year.

We can then start looking for a job on a 457 visa - I posed the question as I did wonder about going back to ward working in paeds but to be honest much prefer the community aspect - I just wish I'd kept up my registration :goofy:

By the time I have accumulated enough time to apply in my own right I wont get enough points under the new system :0(

Archived