Visa advice please

Jems30

My husband is a Quantity Surveyor, and my brother in law is an experience wall and floor tiler.

Myself, my husband and 3 children plus my sister, BIL and their 2 children want to move to Perth. We are in the early stages of planning and am wondering what visas would probably suit us.

My husband wanted to apply for an Employer sponsored visa. Would this be possible do you think for a tiler though, for my brother in law? Ideally we would like to emigrate at a similar time.

Any advice appreciated. I am doing my best to understand the visa system.

Guest bourbonjack

Hi,

Best thing you can do is go and see an agent, have a GOOD look through pomsinoz at the different agents, from what I hear GO Matilda, Ian Harrop and George Lombard are good..... I have recently been granted a 457 employer sponsored visa, the company I have a job with paid for my visa and used a company called ISA who are based in Perth... I have found their services excellent, after having a poor experience with a company called thinking australia....

Thanks

Steve.

Guest berkworths

hi there, my oh is a carpenter we have state sponsership thanks to our agent in oz, started on a skilled visa we have family too there , but our agent changed us to the quickest route for us at time which was ss, just had meds yesterday and now waiting for those magic words!!!! best advice get an agent may cost a bit but worth while our family in peth and it is beautifull there when we were there for 5 weeks in dec 09 went to see agent there ak migration , and when returned home did some research here in uk but decided to go with oz agent and he had been great , touch wood , so good luck to you all, you can research them on internet contact name atual, very helpfull man!!! hope this helps you x kellie :daydreaming:

Some people feel that an employer sponsored visa is great because you're guaranteed a job when you arrive in Australia but finding sponsorship from overseas can be very difficult and even then, sometimes the job simply doesn't work out. If you lose or leave your job on a temporary visa, you only have 28 days in which to find not only another job, but another sponsor as well. If that doesn't prove possible, you have to leave the country. That's particularly difficult when you have a family and even more so in your situation where you want to be in the same country as your sister and her family.

Western Australia is sponsoring both Quantity Surveyors and Wall and Floor Tilers. State sponsored visas are a bit complicated to get in the first place as you need approval from the state before you can apply for the visa, and you'll need to meet some state specific requirements, but they're permanent visas and are granted very quickly once you actually lodge the visa application. On a permanent visa, you're free to work for anyone so if one job doesn't work out, you can move on without anywhere near the hassles of doing so on a temporary visa. Check out the visa requirements (particularly the points test under Eligibility):

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/ Subclass 176 state sponsored visa

http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/detcms/navigation/category.jsp?categoryID=11388273 WA state sponsorship

You'll also need skills assessment before you can apply for sponsorship or a visa, so check that out too for both occupations:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/ Skills assessment information

Once you have a permanent visa, you'll have the best part of a year in which to job hunt before you have to enter Australia and potential employers and recruitment agents are far more prepared to talk to permanent visa holders than they are to people seeking sponsorship. Also, once you're here, permanent visa holders are eligible for all kinds of government benefits that temporary visa holders can't get e.g. assistance with childcare costs and family tax benefits.

Thank you all for your help. it has been very informative.

If we go on a sponsored visa, is it possible if you find work for the company to assist with the costs of visas and moving? A friend of mine recently emigrated to Perth and she had everything paid for by the employer???

hi, i have done ielts 6.5 bands geenral, job experience in I.T and Telecom for 11 years almost and my job ttle is telecom technician which almost suits to radiocommunication technican. Should I apply for independent visa or state sponsorship class visa

Archived