Hey

andrewwita

Hi all

well here i am in london, waiting for my partner de facto visa. put it in on march the 1st 2011 and now in month 5 of waiting, put it all in in one go medical police checks etc.

Fingers crossed when approved moving to Lutwyche nr windsor in Brisbane 4030. only ever been once before for 3 weeks in xmas 2009 to jan 2010 and i loved it.

My partner is australian from there, so going to live with my partners folks till we find jobs.

Were looking to fly out from heathrow on Nov 25th .

Am quite excited to be moving but originally from west wales been in london for 8 yrs . Am going to miss family and friends so mcuh - but i do have some friends out there already , and some second cousin's which i am now in touch with and looking forward to meet.

Guest mclellan

Hi!

I am in a similar situation as you, waiting for my De facto visa too. I am already in Australia, so lodged an on-shore application. Apparently these take longer, as there is a huge backlog!! I have now been waiting 9 months, having been told when I applied that it would take between 6-9 months. I recently enquired into the progress, only to be informed that are behind with applications and it could now take 12 months! Its a very 'patience-testing' process!!

As you have lodged off-shore, you shouldn't have to wait so long, as I was told its faster overseas, as the queue's aren't so long!!

I am also from the UK, and although we are a long way from family and friends out here, you'll soon have a whole new network of friends here and can visit your family every so often. They also love the novelty of coming out here too!! So its not so bad.

Good luck with your visa!

Guest siamsusie
Hi all

well here i am in london, waiting for my partner de facto visa. put it in on march the 1st 2011 and now in month 5 of waiting, put it all in in one go medical police checks etc.

Fingers crossed when approved moving to Lutwyche nr windsor in Brisbane 4030. only ever been once before for 3 weeks in xmas 2009 to jan 2010 and i loved it.

My partner is australian from there, so going to live with my partners folks till we find jobs.

Were looking to fly out from heathrow on Nov 25th .

Am quite excited to be moving but originally from west wales been in london for 8 yrs . Am going to miss family and friends so mcuh - but i do have some friends out there already , and some second cousin's which i am now in touch with and looking forward to meet.

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

Do feel free to join our sister site http://www.lifeinqueensland.com/ as I see you will be in the Brisbane area.

I have great sympathy with you waiting for your visa, I remember those days well but it will be worth it in the end.

Hopefully London will get a move on and you will be over soon.

Best wishes

Susie x

• 5 weeks later...

Well we just booked our flights with Singapore airlines - flying out of Heathrow on the 10th November ( 14 weeks away) i am so excited - especially as i am the one emigrating i get double baggage at no extra cost so i get 40 kgs and my other half only gets 20 kgs - somehow i don;t think I will win with what goes in my bag lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived