Doing a Global Part Time MBA on 457

Guest breadback

Guest breadback

I am on a 457 visa and I'm interested in doing an part time online, global MBA course whilst continuing to work full time on my 457.

Is this acceptable within the terms of my visa?

Hey breadback

Can you give more info on what a global MBA is and where/how you sign up? Do you pay international fee's or local? I want to study but am on a bridging visa and am considered an international student here and in the UK. It's just too expensive for me to consider at the moment.

Thanks

Cx

Guest breadback

Thanks for the bump Susie.

Sleepywombat - a global MBA is an Master of Business Administration post-graduate qualification around business, finance, accounting and management. The global part is because you do the vast majority of the course remotely from your place of residence, and part time.

I am interested in doing an MBA from universities in the UK, because that is where I'm from, and the strength of the AUD means they are affordable.

I would like to know if this is legal on my 457 visa.

I would hope it is, since an MBA is a very good qualification and would be boosting the credentials of an Australian-based manager (i.e. me), working for an Australian company.

Guest breadback

The fees for the course I'm looking at is 22,000 GBP. I don't think there is a difference between local and international students.

Guest breadback

OK, I think I can answer my own question:

There are no study restrictions on a 457 visa. I only have to work full time on it, therefore I can study part time to my heart's content.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering why you are not considering Australian PT MBA as an option. I am also thinking of doing PT OZ MBA or DL for UK MBA programs.

OK, I think I can answer my own question:

There are no study restrictions on a 457 visa. I only have to work full time on it, therefore I can study part time to my heart's content.

Guest breadback

Cost vs reputation.

The Australian business schools seem to cost twice as much, and few have a better reputation than Warwick or Manchester BS.

The strength of the AUD also helps.

Archived