457 Visa Application July

Guest Stacey23

Guest Stacey23

I've just applied for my 457 visa, is anyone else applying for the same visa or already applied for this visa? What are the processing times?

Hi Stacey, there seems to be a great variance in processing times, our application was lodged on 17th May, 7 weeks ago today and it has not progressed at all in that time, however a number of people have had theirs approved within a week!! My employer has put a number of people through this process recently so the hold up doesn't appear to be due to anything untoward there. We have been advised that there is a backlog at DIAC at the minute and it is taking around 4 weeks longer than usual, our processing centre is Parramatta. We were initially given an indication of 4-6 weeks but that it can take up to 12. The waiting is so frustrating!!!

I've just applied for my 457 visa, is anyone else applying for the same visa or already applied for this visa? What are the processing times?

Hi Stacey, we have also just lodged our 457 application and we had initially been told by my OH's employers that it can take up to 12 weeks but when I called the High Commission last week they said the average processing time is 22 days and that DIAC has employed more stuff to bring that down to 10 days but from browsing this forum I notice it can vary from 48 hours to many months so I am not sure. Crossing fingers and praying that we hear something soon as this waiting is actually driving me crazy. Do you know if your Nomination has been approved yet?

Hope you hear something soon and you also Paur, waiting can be very frustrating. Good luck to you both.

Guest Stacey23

Hi guys,

thanks for replying :-)

What professions are you both in? And where are you hoping to move to, I think, from what I can gather that the processing times vary depending on which centre your application is sent. I think mine will go to the Perth centre as thats where my job is. Do either of you have any contact information so I can ring / e-mail to find out processing times?

I'm wanting to know the processing times so I know when to hand my notice in!

Good luck to you both, I hope all our three visas come through soon!

Hi Stacey,

My husband was sponsered through a Geotechnical company and the migration agent lodged our 457 visa on weds 8th June. We got the visa approved just 3 weeks later on thurs 30th June. The migration agent said it would be sometime between 4 and 6 weeks.

I'm not sure how they work it all out, whether it's to do with the job you are doing. We do know that the construction industry is very much in demand.

We have had a crazy week since our visa came through, booking flights, short term accomodation, removals etc.

We leave the u.k in just 6 weeks! My advice to you is start sorting your house and garage out in preparation, I started doing this when my husband got the job offer in April and there is still a lot to do!!

If you need any other advice or have any other questions I'm happy to help if I can.

Good Luck,

Lyndsey

Guest Stacey23

Hi Lynsey,

Thank you! Did you have to have medicals / xrays? How long after those was your visa granted? I'll be working in a health care setting.

Where abouts are you moving?

Hi Stacey,

No we didn't need medicals, but I think if you work in healthcare or with children you have to have them.

We ( myself, hubby and two children aged 2 and 4) are moving to the Gold coast, what about you? Where are you hoping to go?

Lyndsey

Guest Stacey23

I'm going to Perth. I've heard the Gold Coast is lovely.

I thought everyone had to have an X-Ray before going to Australia, maybe it is if you're just in health care. How do your children feel about the move? It must be scary and exciting for them!

Hi Stacey, for now we have told them we are going on a very long holiday to oz as I don't want to overload them with too much info as they are both still young. My daughter was due to start school in September. They are very excited though! We have heard Perth is lovely also. Hope you get your visa soon, I know the waiting is awful and we only waited 3 weeks!

Lyndsey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shanks457

Hi Stacey

I just got my Visa Approved today (26th July 2011).

My Visa application was lodged on 1st July 2011 with all supporting documents (Company sponsorship, nomination, All my documents (Passport, Educational certification, Work experience Certs, Marriage Cert,Form 1221 for my wife and myself, X-Rays request was raised. etc.)

The timelines which was mentioned by my Agent which was selected by my sponsoring company was 4-6 weeks, but it seems it took just 3 weeks from the date of application lodgement, the process is smooth and quick if all the supporting docs are given and if Medicals are done on time (only for High Risk Countries)

I guess your visa is on its way and will soon be granted, the average processing time is 4-6 weeks for standard application and the thing to remember is that 457 Long Stay Visas are always a top priority.

Here is my time line for your reference

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. 17th April 2011- Interview Process Started

2. 31st May 2011- Job Offer Released

3. 10th June: Migration Agent assigned

4. 1st July: Application lodged with all Documents (sponsors and mine)

5. X-Rays done on 4th July, Results Received by DIAC on 8th July and Health Requirements were Finalized.

6. 26th July: Applicant Approved

(Note: The Online Visa Status Site is not updated frequently, hence it might not show the right status, like my application status showed "Application Process Commenced" for all these days and then it got changed to "Applicant Approved", I am sure it takes a bit of time but if your documents are all fine and as DIAC is making sure all applications are dealth within the the time frame of 4 to 6 weeks i am sure all of yours will be done soon too, Be patient)

Application Status

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary

01/07/2011 Application received - processing commenced

01/07/2011 Application fee received

Person 1

Date of birth:

26/07/2011 Applicant Approved

Applicant approved

Person 2

Applicant approved

Guest Stacey23

Congratulations on your visa coming through, that was really quick for you. My visa was submitted 3 weeks ago today. My employer emailed me this morning to say they had had an informal email from DIAC saying that they have approved their sponsorship and nomination and that apparently I have a case officer assigned to me (they haven't made contact with me and nothings come up online when I've looked). I've handed in my notice at work (this can be retracted if anything should go wrong with the visa), my last working day is down as the 31st Aug and my flight is booked for the 1st September. I hope thats not optimistic. I did want to fly out on the 7th Aug but I that can't happen now as I've put my working notice in for the 31st.

x

Hiya, I lodged my application on the 7th June, not heard a peep since. I'll be working in Alice Springs or thats the plan!!! I know that my app is getting processed in Melbourne, am not sure how long there processing times are but it feels like years at the present moment! Good luck to everyone, i hope you all hear soon!!

Is it right that you only have to do a medical if you are from a high risk country? Is the UK considered high risk? Our migration agent has told us that our application has been submitted but nobody has mentioned medicals yet or police checks, do you get these with 457 visa's or is it just with Permanent visa's? Sooo confused!! There is just so much to take in! :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Guest Stacey23

Hi,

It depends what post you're applying for as to whether or not you need medicals / xray. I just needed to have an xray. The UK isn't classed as a high risk country but that doesn't mean you don't need a medical. I think everyone applying for permanent residency has to have a medical no matter what country they're from.

Guest jemandrich

Hi all, my name is jemma and I'm also trying to wait patiently for our 457 visa to be granted! Its my partner that is being sponsored and his future employer told us as far as he was aware our application was going in on 14 july and should only take between 4-8 weeks! Well its been 6 weeks today and counting! I just wondered if anyone knows why its taking so long is there a backlog? We are heading to perth and was hoping to be there before September so that our two kids (10 and 7) don't have to start a new school year but it doesn't seem that way now! I'm getting so impatient and my partner just wants to hand in his notice but can't until we get that visa!

Hi, from what i have seen from previous post's not everyone has to get a medical or police checks. I think if your in the medical industry then you will be asked to have medical's and police checks done. I think it just varies, some people i know have had to medical's and others haven't. I wouldn't do anything until you have been asked to.

Hope this helps a little

Well my partner will be working FIFO in the oil and gas industry so I'm not sure if that means he will have to get medicals done. Probably not then I suppose. I dont think I'll mention it, maybe make things go quicker if we dont have to get them done. The company who are sponsoring us though are really needing my OH out there so I think they are really pushing the visa through as quick as possible. You would think they would have mentioned it by now if they wanted us to have them.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all, we lodged our 457 at the very end of June but so far have heard nothing. Very nerve-wracking times..... My husband needs to be out there on 12th August for the job so I really, really hope things move and fate is on our side. Sooo difficult knowing whether to gamble and book cats, removals etc. and then sit back and wait? Not feeling in the best of minds just now, need some good luck vibes!!!:sad:

Congratulations Shanks, I'm sure you must be very excited. We can't wait man it seems to be taking for ever. Well about 10 Mins ago we just got news that our Nomination was approved, so hopefully the visa approval soon come :)

Guest asadns
Hi Stacey

I just got my Visa Approved today (26th July 2011).

My Visa application was lodged on 1st July 2011 with all supporting documents (Company sponsorship, nomination, All my documents (Passport, Educational certification, Work experience Certs, Marriage Cert,Form 1221 for my wife and myself, X-Rays request was raised. etc.)

The timelines which was mentioned by my Agent which was selected by my sponsoring company was 4-6 weeks, but it seems it took just 3 weeks from the date of application lodgement, the process is smooth and quick if all the supporting docs are given and if Medicals are done on time (only for High Risk Countries)

I guess your visa is on its way and will soon be granted, the average processing time is 4-6 weeks for standard application and the thing to remember is that 457 Long Stay Visas are always a top priority.

Here is my time line for your reference

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. 17th April 2011- Interview Process Started

2. 31st May 2011- Job Offer Released

3. 10th June: Migration Agent assigned

4. 1st July: Application lodged with all Documents (sponsors and mine)

5. X-Rays done on 4th July, Results Received by DIAC on 8th July and Health Requirements were Finalized.

6. 26th July: Applicant Approved

(Note: The Online Visa Status Site is not updated frequently, hence it might not show the right status, like my application status showed "Application Process Commenced" for all these days and then it got changed to "Applicant Approved", I am sure it takes a bit of time but if your documents are all fine and as DIAC is making sure all applications are dealth within the the time frame of 4 to 6 weeks i am sure all of yours will be done soon too, Be patient)

Application Status

Application 457 Business Long Stay Primary

01/07/2011 Application received - processing commenced

01/07/2011 Application fee received

Person 1

Date of birth:

Applicant approved

Person 2

Applicant approved

Congrats.............

Can you please tell me in which office you applied?

Guest Stacey23

Hi,

I've tried to look at my e457 online status page today but it keeps showing as unavailable. Is this just mine or is anyone else having trouble?

Guest asadns
Hi,

I've tried to look at my e457 online status page today but it keeps showing as unavailable. Is this just mine or is anyone else having trouble?

Hello!

i am getting the same ....maybe some technical issues at their end....

Archived