do i send belongings now or when ive got a job

clark

hi guys

i have a dilemma, im single, a chippy and emigrating to townsville in august, but no job to got to. im staying with an aussie buddy and have got quotes from various removal companies.

would it be better to send my tools and personal belongings at the same time as i emigrate, or would it be better for me to hopefully be successful in getting a job and settleing down in townsville before i send for my tools and personal belongings.

cheers clark

hi guys

i have a dilemma, im single, a chippy and emigrating to townsville in august, but no job to got to. im staying with an aussie buddy and have got quotes from various removal companies.

would it be better to send my tools and personal belongings at the same time as i emigrate, or would it be better for me to hopefully be successful in getting a job and settleing down in townsville before i send for my tools and personal belongings.

cheers clark

It will take 8-10 weeks before your belongings arrive, maybe longer if its a shared container.

I would assume you expect to find work & accomodation withing 3 months?

Send them when you leave.

Depends how many personal belongings you have. If it's just a few boxes, then might be worth waiting until you've got room for them and then getting them air-freighted over.

If you've got lots of stuff and will be sea-freighting, then probably worth getting them sent when you leave, since you should have a job by the time they arrive.

Archived