carpenter from uk, emigrate yes or no?

fatpantsss

hi i am newly married 10 months ago and living in kent, uk.

nothing has really gone our way financially in uk and we are just getting by in life, carpentry work here is terrible and im just window cleaning as its more reliable then site work.

we don't have much savings either but was thinking of coming over on a holiday working visa then applying for a permanent visa when i got some money from working in aus,

what i want to no. is it good life in aus for familys? no children yet.

is their still a lot of work in aus for carpenters? unlike uk. and does it pay well?

what is cost of living compared to uk?

i am really considering a move soon and appreciate any info and useful knowledge.

many thanks

craig

:goofy:

Hi my husband is a carpenter too and we are looking to move to WA PERTH, we are just finding out all the info at the mo as you have to get ur skills assessed, we are hoping to go for state sponsorship as carpentry is on the sol list, its up and coming perth so alot of work is over there so i have been advised from a friend, my best friend is moving out there 1st` aug! her hubby is a spark and has a job to go to straight away, my other friend lives in brissy and they too need trades due to all the flooding etc ..

we are a young family and have young children, it is all about family life oz, my friends kids av got a amazing life over there out door kids, lots of family time, they av never looked back been in brissy for over 4 yrs

Hope this helps, if you get any info keep us posted too.

Archived