309 Spouse visa application - Can you advise??

Guest Megan123

Guest Megan123

Hi All,

We are about to send off Application form 47SP and 40SP but before doing so were hoping you might be able to advise whether we have enough and all of the information required to achieve a smooth application process. Below is a list of the information we have provided. If anyone can think of anything that we may have missed we would appreciate your feedback.:wink:

1/ Marriage certificate

2/ Certification of Citizenship

3/ Partner Passport

4/ My Passport

5/ My Drivers License

6/ My Birth certificate

7/ Partner Birth certificate

8/ Will

9/ Wedding invoices/ Wedding dress receipts/ Honeymoon receipts

10/ Council Tax bill both names 2009/ 2010

11/ Utility bills partners name 2008/09/10/11

12/ Contents insurance both names.

13/ Flight itinerary for Australia

14/ Mortgage info for residence.

15/ Sports centre information. Joint activities

16/ Bank of America Statements

17/ Joint Invitation to a Wedding.

18/ 4 x Partner 2 x me Photos

19/ Proof of savings

20/ Supporting photos

21/ A history of our relationship written by both of us separately

22/ Declaration by friends and family of our relationship

23/ Joint Bank Statements

Your opinions on the following would be appreciated also -

1/ Does the paperwork/ supporting documents / photo's sent to the Australian high commission get returned to us?

2/ We haven't received Statutory declarations from Australia yet although they are being done? Can we forwarded them at a later date.

3/ Address where to send application? We want to send it special/recorded delivery, but i read they will not except it this way as there's know one to sign for the packages? Have I got my lines crossed?

4/ Should we start organizing our health checks and police checks now? We're based just outside London and was wondering, are there list of who to call to book the checks? Do we go to the local police station for police checks?

Really appreciate any help on the above as my heads starting to hurt..hehe

Kind Regards

Megan:err:

Guest Megan123

This seems to be the place where we send packages special delivery. DO you just give photo copies of statements and photo's or send originals?

AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION

Attention – Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Suite 100

43 Bedford Street

WC2E 9HA

Guest Guest31881

Police checks need to be done by ACPO (Association of chief police officers) here is the link.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

You can download the form and fill it in to send off.

Visit the DIAC site to find the address of your nearest approved center for the medicals.

You can front load your applications but remember it is taking around 6 months to process partner visas and the police and medical checks are only valid for 12 months. It may be better to wait until asked, once visa is granted you have a fixed period to enter and validate your visa, that is 12 months from the date of medicals and police checks, So if you had them done now, visa granted December !! then you would have to have at least visited Australia in the first 6 months of next year.

Hope it all goes well for you. :biggrin:

Hi Megan,

Im sure that you have provided sufficient evidence. You may well be eligible for subclass 100 straight away if you have been married for 3 years or more. I have recently applied for 309/100 and have not been able to provide some of the things you have. I have not been asked for further info other than australian police check (front loaded UK police check) and instruction to attend medical. I will answer what I can (some questions I have also asked);

1) I have had some evidence returned to me. (I understand that they just scan what they feel is relevant then shred/post back your application). It would perhaps be a good idea to keep copies yourself just in case. Maybe send photocopies of photos? (They dislike receiving heaps of these!)

2) I myself had problems with getting stat decs from Aus and had to ask for one to be re-done. If there are any problems once they receive your application you will get a chance to provide further info. (They will not reject application if something is lacking). I sent the stat decs with my application.

3) If you are very close to London why not submit your application by hand? (I did, and it gave me a chance to ask any questions.) They take the payment then and there and in my case, was assigned a CO the following day. Counter hours are 9-11. I was told there was no problem with sending things recorded delivery. I sent my Aus police check recorded delivery and my meds have just been sent by the panel doctors by recorded delivery.

4) They advised me to wait until I was asked to undertake meds exam. It does not shorten the time it takes to process your visa. (I was told this when submitting application). I went to a panel doctor in Knightsbridge for my meds. They provide a list of their panel doctors on the immi website.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Jon

This seems to be the place where we send packages special delivery. DO you just give photo copies of statements and photo's or send originals?

AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION

Attention – Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Suite 100

43 Bedford Street

WC2E 9HA

The only original documents you need to send are the character clearances (police checks). Everything else can be a photocopy (However, Identity documents must be certified copies):smile:

Guest Megan123

Thank you so much for the quick replies. The information you have provided is very helpful and we will do as you advised. I think we will take your advise regarding medicals and police checks and hold off until asked.

Jon - May I ask why one of the Stat Dec's had to be re-done? This might save us a lot of wasted time as friends are currently organising these for us.

Many of the photo's provided have dates at the bottom of the pictures but don't show when photocopied so we may provide a special delivery envelope with the app so they can send them back to us.

I like the suggestion about dropping the app off personally, that would put our mind at rest.

Thanks Again

Megan

Guest Megan123

Can the Statutory Declarations be scanned and e-mailed to us, or am I right in thinking we need originals of those also?

Thank you so much for the quick replies. The information you have provided is very helpful and we will do as you advised. I think we will take your advise regarding medicals and police checks and hold off until asked.

Jon - May I ask why one of the Stat Dec's had to be re-done? This might save us a lot of wasted time as friends are currently organising these for us.

Many of the photo's provided have dates at the bottom of the pictures but don't show when photocopied so we may provide a special delivery envelope with the app so they can send them back to us.

I like the suggestion about dropping the app off personally, that would put our mind at rest.

Thanks Again

Megan

It was simply a case of the witness signing in the wrong place and writing 'true copy of original' on the declaration, obviously it wasn't a copy and did not need certifying in this way, I decided to get it redone in case my CO asked for it to be redone.

I would say that your dates must be the same as those provided by your witnesses. Conflicting evidence will throw up red flags I would think.

Can the Statutory Declarations be scanned and e-mailed to us, or am I right in thinking we need originals of those also?

I do not know for certain whether they can be scanned and emailed though this quote is from the first page of the information about providing 888 (stat dec), and speaking to my father, who is a lawyer, he tells me a stat dec by definition is an original document.

"Important – Please read this information carefully before

completing this statutory declaration. Once you have

completed this declaration we strongly advise that you keep a

copy for your records."

Hope this helps,

Jon

Archived