Newby !!

Roberts13

Hi,

Again we are newcomers to PIO and have had a read of the forums etc we find it very interesting and helpful.

We are a Family of 3.5 at the moment 1 son Rhys aged 3 and no.2 son on the way in 9 weeks (and counting)

We have been discussing emigrating to Oz, we'd like a better life for the kids plus a better lifestyle for us.

We enjoy outdoor sports - wakeboarding, windsurfing etc also like a bit of Snowboarding. Could I suppose call us extreme.

Anyhow I have a sister who has been in Oz now 10 years and is married, she's in a little place called Talwood about 6 hours inland from Brisbane in outback queensland. My mum visits every year and also would love to settle in Oz at some point.

So we've pretty much decided 90% its what we want to do, I think i'm the 10% holding us back a bit at the moment as I will miss my mum so much, we see eachother everyday and she helps out loads with Rhys so they too have a great relationship. She's on her own so i'm afraid of her being lonely as there would be none of us kids left here once we've gone.

So we've been looking into the Skilled Visa for my hubby as he's an electrician and a parent visa for mum as once we have ours she will have 2/3rds of her kids out there.

But there already seems to be obstacles.

Skilled visa - the new assessments that have to be sat before even able to apply for the visa. Parent Visa - there is such a long waiting list and it could take up to 10 years or more before she gets residency. Unless she takes the contributory visa which from what me and my sister have found is extortionate. works out about 13k for the 2nd payment.

I was hoping she could be out ther with us and take care of the kids so i could return to work at least part time and build a social circle as well as have some time out for myself. I'm a stay at home mum at the moment and have kinda lost my social circle here.

ANYWAY enuf already.

Any advice on own experience with the process of either visa would be much appreiated or any links to where we can get more info also.

As we've been talking so much about it and i'm searching so much on the net i'm just finding all the info a bit mind boggling (maybe pregnancy has affected my brain!!!!)

Hope to speak to you all soon.

Thanks in Advance

Jo, Garath Rhys and Bump(oh and not forgetting our dog 'Ozzie'):unsure:

Guest afiyafifi

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to pio, hope you get things sorted out were planning on moving to oz in the near future , but like you i will miss my mum i see her everyday and she looks after kids while am in work . take care ... karen

Guest OldiesRUs

Hi and welcome to PIO.

We are applying on a contributory parent visa. Yes, it is extortionately expensive and once you get there you cannot claim any benefits for 10 years. However, we decided that a two year wait to go was better than a minimum of 10 years. Also, I think you may need to double check if your mum is eligible as you mention that two out of her three children will be there if you go. There is a balance of family restriction on parent's visas. I know when we tried to go 20 years ago on a family visa, we failed because my OH had parents and sister in Aus and two sisters and a brother here - if there had only been one person in Aus we would have qualified, but because there was two, plus siblings here, we failed. I have a sneaky feeling that your mum may not qualify on balance of family. However, I am most probably totally wrong - someone on here will, quite rightly slap me down if I am - and sorry for being negative.

I sincerely wish you luck if you do decide to apply.

Jean

Guest OldiesRUs
Thanks for your replys, - My mum has 3 children and My sister is out in Oz a citizen now once my husband and I have our visa then there will be 2/3 kids out there, I thought from what i'd read that as she will have over half of her kids out there then she will qualify on the balance of family part. ?

Looks like I was right about being wrong.

Jean :wubclub:

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Hi there

Welcome to PIO. Everyone totally lovely but quite insane too. Whatever the question there will be someone to help!

Guest n-jayne-30

Decided to join, we are just waiting for a case officer:arghh: but have been reading all the post since january so hi to you all. my oh, me and my two little girls eleanor 7 izzy 4 hope to go to brisbane but we are leaving my mum who is not at all happy about us going:no: my step dad left her two years ago so really it has not come at the right time, but my husband is 43 so we needed to apply as soon as. My mum wont talk about it and i feel guilty when people talk to me about oz in front of her. I shouldnt really cause she gave me up when i was 6 for my step dad and led her life. My real dad has a partner and they are happy for me but just worried about me being home sick (hes the best).

p.s hav'nt got a clue how to start a new topic on this forum can anyone help im a bit confused:wub:

nicky 33

paul 43 (lucky man)

elephant 7

izzywhizz 4 (just started school)

Ok, so just back from dropping Rhys off at Pre school in this fantastic BRITISH WEATHER.

I'm soaked. He was soaked - my coat is that wet that it wet my jumper through and its a rain coat. my jeans are so wet from the rain blowing towards me. Oh what wonderful weather we have .

Decision - 99% going for it. 1% holding me back (and thats just the mum parent visa thing)

Archived