Buy or Rent Camper Van in Melbourne?

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are flying to Melbourne in January. We were looking for cheap short term accommodation for the first while until we find our feet but it seems so expensive. As an alternative idea we were wondering if it would be feasible to rent a camper for a while when we arrive, meaning we have the option to sleep and travel in it. Does anyone have any advice on this dilemma?

Thanks for any help,

Laura and Barney x

Guest siamsusie
Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are flying to Melbourne in January. We were looking for cheap short term accommodation for the first while until we find our feet but it seems so expensive. As an alternative idea we were wondering if it would be feasible to rent a camper for a while when we arrive, meaning we have the option to sleep and travel in it. Does anyone have any advice on this dilemma?

Thanks for any help,

Laura and Barney x

Hi Lara and Barney,

I am sure some members will come up with some recommendations.

I enclose a link http://www.rentacampervan.com.au/campervan-rental-companies/wicked-campervans please do read the reviews. Safety in Australia is even more paramount due to the distances involved and isolation! Cheap is not always best.

RV's campers tend to hold their price but you might get lucky in the purchasing department in something like Gumtree.

Best wishes

Susie x

Archived