ACT - Verification of Limited Occupations

Guest WinTheAshes

Guest WinTheAshes

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how long it takes for SBM Unit (for ACT State Sponsorship) to verify a "limited" occupation?

They require me to send them via email the following:

1) Current CV

2) Current Skills Assessment

3) IELTS results with 8 overall and 8 in speaking

4) Evidence of sufficient employment opportunities in ACT for your nominated occupation

I am just awaiting the skills assessment from Vetassess the rest is ready to be sent off. Unfortunately they do not specify how long it takes for them to verify the "limited" occupation and you can only apply for state sponsorship after this has been granted.

Many thanks.

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

Bumping this up for you, alternatively you could try the Migration thread for some quicker answers.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest journeydownunder

Hi, for me it took about 2 days but I did have a job offer in hand aswell. Certainly wouldn't expect it to be much longer than that though. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I rang up and spoke to them telling them about what i did and my passion for Canberra. I had reasearched alot and formed the best paper submission i could. It took a good 3-4 days etc....

I got a reply saying yes in about 2 hours.

Guest WinTheAshes

Thanks Danny & Emma,

Wow that's an incredibly speedy turnaround from the SBM unit. For my situation all bar the Vettasses skills assessment is ready to go. Vetassess is the bottle neck holding back the verification but can't really do much about it except wait. On the positive side it will give me some more time to brush up on compiling my application documents.

Archived