Brisbane - Cleveland schools

Guest The Fletchers

Guest The Fletchers

Hi Everyone

Don't know if anyone can help me with this one - I have two kids ages 11 and 16 and we are hoping to relocate to Cleveland in the near future. I would be grateful for any viewpoints on schools within the area - either public or private. Also we are aiming to arrive in Brisbane before the new school year begins at the end of January - can anyone tell me when the schools break up for the long Xmas holidays?

Many thanks.

HI see more North easterners planning to make the move there are lots of us.

We were heading to Cleveland (still may do) but we have researched Cleveland to within an inch of its life and visited there last year.

If you click on the linksit will take you to their websites.

We have 3 sons 2 of who are coming with us 13 and 12 the school we picked for them was.

Cleveland state high school and has a good reputation with expats and a great school if your children like football, they share their pitches with Redland United football club, all ages, and accross the road there are outdoor swimming pools including a 50m pool (if you are a competitive swimmer you will know what that means)

Welcome to Cleveland District State High School

If you are looking for private most are very complimentary about Ormiston College can prove difficult to get into because of waiting lists but not always, did not look into this option as not looking for private.

Ormiston College QLD Australia - http://www.ormiston.qld.edu.au

Cleveland is a very close second for us and if Cairns does not work will be heading that way.

I think the kids break up the first week of december.

hope this helps

kaye

Archived